Mods can't be deployed...

Lagruej

Having the same issue, and no help.

For me, I have Vortex and Fallout 4 on the same drive. I also made a folder for FO4 mods on the same drive. Everything is in the green except deployment method. When i click on "
fix" nothing happens. When i click on 'more' it says "Check failed" followed by what could be the problem.

I have full permission over Fallout 4's files. I have full permission for Vortex's files. All three folders (Fallout 4, Vortex, Fallout 4 Mods) are on the same drive. I do have my steam folder in the compressed state, so im thinking that may have something to do with it though im not sure.

I tested out a mod because the people on steam said the issue would fix itself once i ran the game with a mod. I downloaded one minor mod, which Vortex handled. The mod appeared on the plugin list, and when i tried enabling it I just got the error message "This mod was moved because it is not a valid plugin".

• 2 weeks later...

ill be blunt i love you guys for the mods but this. this is cancer im geting pissed with how many mods ive lost, when these mod mangers update i always lose mods. it worked at first now its ctd on load and its cancer gonna have to spend 2 days to a fresh install and trying to find all the mods half of them I don't use and grabbed for shits and giggles the other half I do and almost guarantee I wont find 2 or 3 because they where removed or some other issue.

this is such a headache.

edit in sorry but i needed the rant this really is that annoying 1 time or 2 times fine but half a dozen is trully annoying.

Edited by chuckingapples

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ill be blunt i love you guys for the mods but this. this is cancer im geting pissed with how many mods ive lost, when these mod mangers update i always lose mods. it worked at first now its ctd on load and its cancer gonna have to spend 2 days to a fresh install and trying to find all the mods half of them I don't use and grabbed for shits and giggles the other half I do and almost guarantee I wont find 2 or 3 because they where removed or some other issue.

this is such a headache.

edit in sorry but i needed the rant this really is that annoying 1 time or 2 times fine but half a dozen is trully annoying.

Well, if it was Vortex, it would keep happening to EVERYBODY, however, it's just happening on your system.

So let's find out what's unique about your system that you lose your mods every time you update, when other people update without issue.

Where do you have your MOD DOWNLOAD Folder set to?

Where do you have your MOD STAGING folder set to?

Are you running Vortex as an Admin? If so, don't

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is strange. my Deploy Now button was functional before last weeks update, now it wont want to deploy on command, or should i say its there but not available to click on anymore.
i would need to uninstall a mod and reinstall it to force it to deploy for me.
Trying to change it from Hardlink Deployment to Move Deployment (Experimental) then change it back later to see if this will fix it.