Hawken vs Mechwarrior

lonewolfkai

I have been watching Hawken for a long time and hopefully it will be like Armored Core in first person view. I though Mechwarrior Online looked a bit slow but it could be equally fun, I just haven't seen enough of it yet.

Who cares, I'll probably play both! :biggrin: It's been a looong time since we have had some proper walking tank simulators/games, so either one is a very welcome addition.

Now all we need is some great space combat sim to pop up and everything will be going great!

I haven't seen anything about Hawken until I saw a preview of it on Gamespot the other day. I thought at first it was the new Mechwarrior game with a different title. The game does look a bit fast paced, but its too fast imo. Still, I might have to give it a whirl.

Ziitch, EVE is a pretty good space combat sim. Check it out.

• 7 months later...

it looks like it's out of closed beta... Incase anyone was interested.

http://www.playhawken.com/#game-info

It's pretty fun, but the servers feel a little too inactive (probably because it didn't have much advertisement).

The customization options are a little too limited for my liking. Not enough interchangeability of parts between mechs and such in order to tailor the mech to your own playstyle and usage. So I guess we'll have to wait for the next game to finally do this sort of thing right.

I played Hawken when it was in closed beta. It was fun for a while but I found the game to get boring fast. As an online shooter I had less fun than I do with Counter Strike and it didn't have the 'Armored Core' customization I was hoping for. It is a well made game, runs smoothly and looks great graphically but it couldn't keep me interested.

Well, I guess there's always Mechwarrior Online. It's in open beta now I think. I've heard a lot of negative things about it though. Like when you shoot another mech the projectiles miss half the time, whether they be energy, missile, or bullet, even if you have a perfectly aimed target reticle. However, I suspect that may be a feature in the game. Perhaps you need to develop skills for better mech accuracy. Edited by lonewolf_kai