Are you having constant exterior CTDs? I've FINALLY found your sol

yafi

Now, when you re-install, do you also get rid of your .ini files too? That may be the issue, usually when you re-install, you also should let the game re-make your .ini files. Just backup your .ini files if there are specific changes you want to remember.

Agree.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, when you re-install, do you also get rid of your .ini files too? That may be the issue, usually when you re-install, you also should let the game re-make your .ini files. Just backup your .ini files if there are specific changes you want to remember.

I deleted the whole Skyrim folder in My Games the first time, but now that I think about it I think I only deleted saves the second time. Would my old saves be able to work if I did it like that or would I have to start over again?

It depends on your .ini edits. If you have some major edits in there( for example, U-grids to load ) then yeah, your save games may not work. It doesn't hurt to try and see if your save games still work in game though. This may be the cause, but then again it may not be, so just in case it isn't, to preserve your save games, just back up your modified .ini edits and keep them with your save games that they relate to.

Just for grins, started the game and immediately exited from the main screen before playing. Got this Papyrus log:

[07/19/2012 - 06:06:40PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[07/19/2012 - 06:06:40PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)

[07/19/2012 - 06:06:40PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

[07/19/2012 - 06:06:56PM] VM is freezing...

[07/19/2012 - 06:06:56PM] VM is frozen

[07/19/2012 - 06:06:56PM] Log closed

So is a log created whether there is an error or not?

I've got 16gb RAM and the latest version of Skyrim; why would I show so little memory available?

Why does the VM freeze? Is there a reference that can explalin this?

mike,

the memory is for the papyrus log.

vm freezing is you pressing escape or console key.

log closed is you exiting the game..

Thanks! Good to know that the VM entries are normal.

Is there a guide to papyrus log categories/labels?

I have some entries in the papyrus log that don't have the name of a script, that would nornally lead me in the direction of which mod is related to the entry. Just wondering if anyone else has seen these and identified/isolated them yet.

[07/20/2012 - 07:21:41PM] Cannot open store for class "A_MMM_RemovalScript", missing file?

[07/20/2012 - 07:21:41PM] Cannot open store for class "innermightv2", missing file?

we will always get errors and its going be to different for everyone,

i have had many errors over time in log reports - finding the culprit and going back to the save without the particular errors and start dancing with the load order.

unticking esp's without un-installing can be a cause, but i would recommend starting fresh with a new 1.6 save and going from there to fault find.

i recently had a log that grew to MB's within a couple of minutes - script error from 2 mods overwriting each others files, the install script didn't match the esp.

going back to the save before the errors, then resolving stopped the errors (re-installed the mod that the script needed)

now after 2 hours i get a 50kb report with minuscule reports of nothing im bothered about.

it was More Dynamic Shadows conflicting with Warmer Magic lights, i should have realised that they would have conflicted.

some errors cannot be resolved from a save that is pre-1.6 unfortunately - a save editor would be needed.

edit: you'll need wrye bash to check your saves - browsing your save games until you see the culprit difference in load order helps a lot. :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest