CrazyShadowDami

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use cheats in Skyrim?

• Yes, becouse i like power
    • Yes, becouse im bad at this game
    • Yes, but only when im desperate for help
    • Yes, for other reasons
    • No

I always use "player.additem f 5000" every game AFTER THE FIRST PLAYTHROUGH. It's the same thing aover and over again, so you are darn right i'm not doing it legit. I did it legit once... why spend hours getting souls for soul gems when you can add an inventory full of filled grands? I progress with armor and skills and everything else, I just have a little extra gold, some soul gems... and that's it. It's cheating, yes, but there's no such THING AS CHEATING IN A ONE PLAYER GAME... Who are you cheating against? YOU?!??

Cheating is only for when you gain an unfair advantage against another... and I don't see two humans playing skyrim at once on one computer... so no cheating to be done here :).

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was curious if the cheats worked the same way as Oblivion. Turns out they did. DAMN I wish I didn't try!

I don't use the console much unless it is to save my butt when I haven't saved in a long time, using for screenshot purposes, or when I feel like killing all non-essential people I can find.

I use tcl command when I can't figure out a puzzle to go throw doors and If I hadn't used tmm 1 to reveal all map locations, I'll use whirlwind sprint and tcl to get to locations and I use the mod Unlock all perks to get all perks

owe and I found if you wont to use the shadow stone more then once a day, you have to use tgm command with it but still have to activate it every 60 or 90 seconds

Edited by sinnerman69

I voted for other reasons because many times the quests are broken and the console is the only way to fix it. Also if you don't use mods the first time through you will find yourself adding akiviri stuff through console just to have it for yourself or your followers. I can figure out the puzzles I just hate getting stuck in a bugged radiant quest where the bandit leader has been turned into a chair or there were no giants to kill because they all moved to the one remaining giant and mammoth spot you haven't been to yet hoping you won't go there:-)

Thats kind of an ambiguous question. According to the EULA for STEAMypile, anything that alters the original game/code or play is a cheat and a hack, unless its sponsered by them or their affiliates. So, by nature of using even the simplest mod, you are cheating.

Now, if you count using console codes to get through another broken quest Bethesda refuses to fix, then yes, its possible its considered a cheat. On the other hand, the console commands are in the game and do not rely on a code to unlock, so technically, anything done by the console is legitimate.

here's what I consider legitimate reasons to use the console commands

1 : advance one of MANY broken quests

2 : toggle collision to get out of being stuck or a fall through hole.

3 : to take a screen shot without an overlay

4 : unlock a locked device that fails to unlock or open (with key in possession)

5 : when a needed world object isn't recodnized from anywhere you can get to

6 : testing a COC location for troubleshooting

7 : deleting a world object that ya just hate (most everything in the players houses for instance). - NOTE - I tried markfordelete on STEAMypile, but it doesn't seem to have worked. :biggrin:

There's probably a few more. but i'll mark a yes for the poll

I use'em to make the game harder & giving me more enemies to kill. I LOVE fighting 10 Elder Dragons at the same time!!! (I wish I could spawn more but my game will CTD)

Side note from poll, try using equipment and NO enchanting skill boost. Just use magical items you find, for the entire game. Still use mods, but only those that do not already have an enchantment or rediculous stats (most mods). Also, change race in concole then change it back to remove all racial perks. If you want even more difficult, don't use smithing skill at all during the play through.