[LE] Rochebere- A brand new city- Coming Soon

Just found this mod through your channel. I subscribed to you I think for the mod informer weekly just recently but had not even noticed Rochebere. Saw the latest timelapse and decided to come to this thread and wow am I impressed. I can't wait to experience this mod myself when it comes out. Looks gorgeous I must say.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will there be an arena

'The Crucible' is a

arena in the Countryside that used to be used regularly until it was closed down. You won't be able to fight in it like you would in the Oblivion arena, but *EXTREME SPOILER FOR ROCHEBERE QUESTLINE AHEAD!* during the main questline the player is captured by the Huntresses' second-in-command and locked in the crucible dungeons. You are then forced to fight several enemies over days of imprisonment for the amusement of the Huntresses' followers*END OF EXTREME SPOILER*

Just found this mod through your channel. I subscribed to you I think for the mod informer weekly just recently but had not even noticed Rochebere. Saw the latest timelapse and decided to come to this thread and wow am I impressed. I can't wait to experience this mod myself when it comes out. Looks gorgeous I must say.

Thanks for subscribing to my channel and taking an interest in the mod! Hopefully I can deliver your hopes in the final product!

If Greensleeves isn't copyrighted (I really doubt it), you could make a bard play it in a tavern, it would be great

I could do, but I'll want to double-check and check again before I put it in there. I actually would love to put some of the Irish tavern music from Assassin's creed III in the mod, but I fear that it could get me into trouble. It didn't stop me using the tracks on the screenshot video over on my YouTube channel though! :D

Is it possible for you to create some sort of mini-game out of the archery range you mentioned? Can you make that a timed thing with someone keeping score. You could be on a moving platform and have to hit as many as you can before the path ends with someone keeping score. And the player would have to pay to play and try and earn some unique prizes.

I know this is most likely impossible, but it would be pretty cool

Edited by MyThumb

I mean this version of Greensleeves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8sVO7iZ-ws, you could contact the guy who made it, http://www.scottdulcimer.com/Contact.html

Thank you for the specific details, I'll have a look into it!

Is it possible for you to create some sort of mini-game out of the archery range you mentioned? Can you make that a timed thing with someone keeping score. You could be on a moving platform and have to hit as many as you can before the path ends with someone keeping score. And the player would have to pay to play and try and earn some unique prizes.

I know this is most likely impossible, but it would be pretty cool

I've actually had lots of ideas for little mini-games for the mod, since they add to the feel of 'new-content-that-isn't-the-same-as-Skyrim'. So obviously at the moment I have the little Archery range, the Landlord/Property management system and the significant moral choices, but I also have a few extra ideas. One of which is a more complex Archery range, which you could help construct after winning the trophy in the basic Archery range. However, if I do put it in, it will probably be very last minute. Unfortunately I've kind of got to a cut of point for getting new ideas, since I still want to make sure I can release the mod by the end of Summer (which is, sadly, looking less and less likely). Thanks for the suggestion anyway! Like I said, I'll see what I can do but I don't want to keep people waiting forever for this mod, and I still have a lot of work to do in other areas.

A nice resource I found, that I believe you could make good use out of, if willing :smile: Stroti's Castle Resource for Skyrim: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33948//?

Also, regarding the Guardian's Guild. From what I gathered from information, more brutal, violent choices= bad consequences, more peaceful, non-violent choices= good consequences. Will it always be that black and white (so to speak) or will we have times where the brutal, violent choice actually has better consequences and vice versa?

Edited by BloodrendX001

A nice resource I found, that I believe you could make good use out of, if willing :smile: Stroti's Castle Resource for Skyrim: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33948//?

Also, regarding the Guardian's Guild. From what I gathered from information, more brutal, violent choices= bad consequences, more peaceful, non-violent choices= good consequences. Will it always be that black and white (so to speak) or will we have times where the brutal, violent choice actually has better consequences and vice versa?

Those Castle pieces are really nice, but I don't really think I need to use them in Rochebere since I don't really know where I would use them. However, I could potentially use them in a future project I'm planning (not revealing anything at the moment) ;)

I haven't really thought too much about the Guardian's Guild questline, since I'm releasing it as an expansion probably about 6 months after the main file is released. In short, I got the idea of the Guild from the game Dishonored, where you're this mysterious assassin who seems very dark and corrupt, but is actually fighting for a good cause. The Guardian's are effectively this group of talented and shady individuals that are unknown to anyone but their own members, and their motive is making sure that the common people of Rochebere do not suffer under threats that may have been overlooked by the law or be too dangerous for the City Guards to deal with. As a member of the Guild you will have to deal with issues, and you will have the option to deal with the case as you please, whether you assassinate the target without being detected, non-lethally deal with the threat such as getting the target put in jail, or go in 'guns-blazing' and kill everyone in your path.

The way you go about missions, mainly how many innocents you killed and whether or not you kill the main target, will affect how members of the guild react to you, and how certain members behave. Like I said, I haven't really planned out the Guardian's questline, but it would be interesting if sparing or killing certain targets will affect what happens in later quests, not just the opinions of other members.

Damn this mod looks amazing ... can't wait!

Thanks!

:smile:

:)