[LE] Rochebere- A brand new city- Coming Soon

Going through a pretty rough stretch in development... Getting some pretty serious issues all over the place. One of the most serious is an immediate CTD when the player tries to access the world map from an interior that has been loaded from a previous save. After 2 weeks of trying to find the source of the problem I've had no success whatsoever. It's been so bad that I'm considering dropping these two years of work. I just hope that I, or someone on these forums, can discover a solution so that this isn't the case. Fingers crossed people!

You could ask other big land modders, I hope you don't give up, of course it is your personal hobby, But i'd love to see it. Keep it up man :)

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going through a pretty rough stretch in development... Getting some pretty serious issues all over the place. One of the most serious is an immediate CTD when the player tries to access the world map from an interior that has been loaded from a previous save. After 2 weeks of trying to find the source of the problem I've had no success whatsoever. It's been so bad that I'm considering dropping these two years of work. I just hope that I, or someone on these forums, can discover a solution so that this isn't the case. Fingers crossed people!

Don't give up hope, samv96UK, there are still many fans of yours who eagerly await the release of Rochebere. Ask around on the various forums across the web, I'm sure there are plenty of people who are both willing and able to help out with these issues! Meet these problems head-on and don't back down, for it is only when you back down that you have truly lost - the problems can, and with patience and a little help, WILL be resolved! You said it yourself, this is 2 years of labor we're talking about. I can't speak for you, but I'm pretty certain that you want this to succeed just as much as everyone else - if not more so, else you wouldn't have devoted so much time to Rochebere.

~nicksws007

----Believe in yourself and you can achieve the impossible!----

For modding help these forums are pretty bad, most active modders are on Bethesda forums rather than here. Another good place that may be helpful is STEP Forums, especially Skyrim Revisited section. They maybe helpful as they are experts at testing mods for incompatibilities.
More details are likely required to provide anything useful but Shesons Memory Patch with ENBoost are things to try as CTD's when going from interior to exterior are typically Memory related,

Knowing nothing of your general Mod using knowledge as opposed to CK mod making knowledge, I must assume you have none (All possibilities are covered by assuming nothing. So I mean no insult if you already know these facts)

SkSE v7 Alpha has the required Sheson Memory Patch built in
These are the recommended Settings for:
..\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Data\SkSE\SkSE.Ini

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

[Display]
is for Character Creation Overlay Tints for Race Menu (IIRC), so that can be ignored.
Two Memory ones are for Memory Patch, one anomaly is other methods reduce 1st Memory Block = DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768 to 512 but the other 256 is still there just built in to that methods code, SkSE Team said it's reservered for Animations (IIRC).
First one clears out old scripts from memory (IIRC again) that one should be kept as well as memory ones.
ENBoost is just a group of ENBLocal.Ini settings for different sizes of Graphic Cards to enable use of ENBSeries Memory Patch without all the fancy Graphics that ENB is usually used for (Requires ENBSeries v0.196 and newer but latest is always recommended and is currently v0.251).
This enables Skyrim to Access much more memory (Theoretically 128 GB) by using a ENBHost.Exe to take most of the Load.
Using these two Memory Patches in combination has turned Skyrim from a CDT every 5 mins or sooner into a rock solid platform though Sheson's is the crucial CTD stopper. that allows ENBoost to now be used much more. Al this is only 1 month old, so still being researched.

Also Stable uGrids to Load Mod is recommended even without altering uGrids and with these fixes it prevents CTD's related to uGrid instabilities.

Download Links:
ENBSeries (Graphic Modification) with ENBoost (Memory and Performance Optimization) - TES Skyrim
ENBoost (Enhanced Natural Boost) CtD and Memory Patch by Boris Vorontsov 84=Patches=38649 @ Skyrim Nexus Mods and Community
Memory Blocks Log by Sheson 39=Utilities=50471 @ Skyrim Nexus Mods and Community
SkSE (Skyrim Script Extender) @ Silverlock Org

Further information:
Skyrim Memory Patch 3.0 - STEP Community
ENBSeries • View topic - Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes
uGridsToLoad information

Gopher's Videos
Skyrim Mod Sanctuary 84 : Skyrim Memory Patch (Fix freezes and crashes) - YouTube

Skyrim Mod Sanctuary 71 : CTD and Memory Patch ENBoost - YouTube

Skyrim Mod Sanctuary 76 : Stable uGridsToLoad - YouTube

Skyrim Mod Sanctuary 76 : Stable uGridsToLoad Encore - YouTube

I'm aware you may know all this, but modders sometimes don't keep up with mod using, especially Lone Wolf Big World modders like Falskaar's Alexander J Velicky. Who never completed main quest or even started DLC's while making his Epic Mod. So as all we have to go on is CTD's when loading world space from an interior and this fixes main cause of that, this is best bet without further info. In any case, I urge STEP Forum for detailed Mod usage/compatibility help with a special mention for Skyrim Revisited's author Neovalen, who is regarded as one of the most capable modders on STEP, a forum full of capable modders. He probably knows more than anyone, anywhere, about how to get mods to play nicely together and with vanilla game. Bethesda Forums are better for Mod Making Knowledge. Nexus is not the place to get either.

For modding help these forums are pretty bad, most active modders are on Bethesda forums rather than here. Another good place that may be helpful is STEP Forums, especially Skyrim Revisited section. They maybe helpful as they are experts at testing mods for incompatibilities.

More details are likely required to provide anything useful but Shesons Memory Patch with ENBoost are things to try as CTD's when going from interior to exterior are typically Memory related,

Knowing nothing of your general Mod using knowledge as opposed to CK mod making knowledge, I must assume you have none (All possibilities are covered by assuming nothing. So I mean no insult if you already know these facts)

SkSE v7 Alpha has the required Sheson Memory Patch built in

These are the recommended Settings for:

..\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Data\SkSE\SkSE.Ini

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

[Display]

[Display]

is for Character Creation Overlay Tints for Race Menu (IIRC), so that can be ignored.

Two Memory ones are for Memory Patch, one anomaly is other methods reduce 1st Memory Block = DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768 to 512 but the other 256 is still there just built in to that methods code, SkSE Team said it's reservered for Animations (IIRC).

First one clears out old scripts from memory (IIRC again) that one should be kept as well as memory ones.

ENBoost is just a group of ENBLocal.Ini settings for different sizes of Graphic Cards to enable use of ENBSeries Memory Patch without all the fancy Graphics that ENB is usually used for (Requires ENBSeries v0.196 and newer but latest is always recommended and is currently v0.251).

This enables Skyrim to Access much more memory (Theoretically 128 GB) by using a ENBHost.Exe to take most of the Load.

Using these two Memory Patches in combination has turned Skyrim from a CDT every 5 mins or sooner into a rock solid platform though Sheson's is the crucial CTD stopper. that allows ENBoost to now be used much more. Al this is only 1 month old, so still being researched.

Also Stable uGrids to Load Mod is recommended even without altering uGrids and with these fixes it prevents CTD's related to uGrid instabilities.

Download Links:

ENBSeries (Graphic Modification) with ENBoost (Memory and Performance Optimization) - TES Skyrim

ENBoost (Enhanced Natural Boost) CtD and Memory Patch by Boris Vorontsov 84=Patches=38649 @ Skyrim Nexus Mods and Community

Memory Blocks Log by Sheson 39=Utilities=50471 @ Skyrim Nexus Mods and Community

SkSE (Skyrim Script Extender) @ Silverlock Org

Further information:

Skyrim Memory Patch 3.0 - STEP Community

ENBSeries • View topic - Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

uGridsToLoad information

Gopher's Videos

Skyrim Mod Sanctuary 84 : Skyrim Memory Patch (Fix freezes and crashes) - YouTube

Skyrim Mod Sanctuary 71 : CTD and Memory Patch ENBoost - YouTube

Skyrim Mod Sanctuary 76 : Stable uGridsToLoad - YouTube

Skyrim Mod Sanctuary 76 : Stable uGridsToLoad Encore - YouTube

I'm aware you may know all this, but modders sometimes don't keep up with mod using, especially Lone Wolf Big World modders like Falskaar's Alexander J Velicky. Who never completed main quest or even started DLC's while making his Epic Mod. So as all we have to go on is CTD's when loading world space from an interior and this fixes main cause of that, this is best bet without further info. In any case, I urge STEP Forum for detailed Mod usage/compatibility help with a special mention for Skyrim Revisited's author Neovalen, who is regarded as one of the most capable modders on STEP, a forum full of capable modders. He probably knows more than anyone, anywhere, about how to get mods to play nicely together and with vanilla game. Bethesda Forums are better for Mod Making Knowledge. Nexus is not the place to get either.

This isn't a good idea. While I generally run the memory patch anyway, during development you want to try and avoid things that may mask the problem.

Hey man I started messing with the modding stuff because of people like you who have tons of talent and should really be building games for a living ( if you arn't already). As soon as I got a computer the first game I thought of was Skyrim. I owned it for Xbox360 even went and preordered it but let me tell you theres nothing like Modders such as yourself making a single player non online rpg an ever changing world..So thank you for sharing your creativty with the community. Trust me when I say you have tons of fans so anyway cant wait to get ahold of this one Looks like one of the best.

Edited by Mrblood767