[LE] Rochebere- A brand new city- Coming Soon

The comments section seems relatively quiet, I hope you're still working on this. Just got my PC version of Skyrim (own it on 360 too), looking forwards to adding it to my collection of mods!

EDIT: Or not...first forum post I make and make no sense at all :D

Edited by Setharael

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that you need to make some NPCs to fill your city

Dont make them all have a backstory or tons of lines to say, it doesnt make sense for every low class worker to have a back story that they are just dying to tell you; they should just each have a unique work schedule and maybe have a short conversation with a fellow worker that repeats every couple hours

Have you ever played the Witcher 2? They did a great job adding plenty of named townsfolk that have their own schedules and conversations. It was the perfect ambience of a city.

Edited by MyThumb

Hey everyone! It's certainly been quite a while since I posted in the thread, so I'm just going to make a general response instead of replying to everyone individually. I'm still very busy at the moment but I have had a bit of extra time to work on the mod over the Christmas break, but other than that I don't really have much to report, progress is smooth.

I'm hoping to get a lot of generic lines for less 'fleshed-out' NPC's to populate the city over the next few weeks, thanks to one of my voice-acting pals Elijah and his friends!

I'm considering uploading a small video of the first 2-3 minutes of Rochebere gameplay as a little something to make it clear the mod is still alive, so let me know what you think about that.

Happy New Year everyone! :)

Thanks for commenting guys! The other thing I'm doing that you may not be aware of it actually working on a smaller project for the time being that's going to be released before Rochebere to keep you entertained. Check the news so far here!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Going through a pretty rough stretch in development... Getting some pretty serious issues all over the place. One of the most serious is an immediate CTD when the player tries to access the world map from an interior that has been loaded from a previous save. After 2 weeks of trying to find the source of the problem I've had no success whatsoever. It's been so bad that I'm considering dropping these two years of work. I just hope that I, or someone on these forums, can discover a solution so that this isn't the case. Fingers crossed people!

Thanks for commenting guys! The other thing I'm doing that you may not be aware of it actually working on a smaller project for the time being that's going to be released before Rochebere to keep you entertained. Check the news so far here!

Maybe AJV [creator of Falskaar] can give you soem help; I usually see him posting on the Bethesda forums [skyrim mod/ck sections].