How do I configure mods in Vortex?

Lamron333

How do I configure mods in Vortex? Once I have them downloaded for the first time if there is further configuring or multiple options to configure it pops up & lets me, but not after that! Where do I go to get back to configure mods again??? I've clicked on everything & I can't find it, HELP!!!

What do you mean? You mean you want to make changes to the options on the FOMOD installer? You right click and reinstall.

No. When I do install a mod for the first time it gives me mod configuration promts. For example "Enhanced Blood Textures" mod for Skyrim has several optional setting on first install with Vortex & I can set them just fine the first time I install the mod. I want to know how to get back to the Vortex setting it had when I first installed the mod. Better? :dry: Like where in Vortex do I go for that?

What do you mean? You mean you want to make changes to the options on the FOMOD installer? You right click and reinstall.

No. When I do install a mod for the first time it gives me mod configuration promts. For example "Enhanced Blood Textures" mod for Skyrim has several optional setting on first install with Vortex & I can set them just fine the first time I install the mod. I want to know how to get back to the Vortex setting it had when I first installed the mod. Better? :dry: Like where in Vortex do I go for that?

So yes, I was correct. Yes you call that window a FOMOD or scripted installer. You have to reinstall the mod to get those options back (same as with any mod installer like NMM). Each mod download is just basically a zip package of various files, and those "options" you are talking about aren't options you can toggle on or off. They are basically choosing which files you want to copy out of the zip package and put those into the location where your game looks at your installed mods. If you want to change what file options you selected, you have to reinstall the mod so that Vortex will delete the old install, then choose a different set of files from the mod zip package to put into your mod install location.

• 2 months later...

I

So yes, I was correct. Yes you call that window a FOMOD or scripted installer. You have to reinstall the mod to get those options back (same as with any mod installer like NMM). Each mod download is just basically a zip package of various files, and those "options" you are talking about aren't options you can toggle on or off. They are basically choosing which files you want to copy out of the zip package and put those into the location where your game looks at your installed mods. If you want to change what file options you selected, you have to reinstall the mod so that Vortex will delete the old install, then choose a different set of files from the mod zip package to put into your mod install location.

I actually have the same problem. I have tired uninstalling the mod and installing it back for it to choose different loaded files. But it does absolutely nothing. I even tried disabling the mod and then uninstalling it, just in case it someone still saw the mod as active. I don't know what to do apart from uninstalling and removing the mod completely from my PC and then re-downloading it to install a new load of files it chooses. I have been downloading quite a few mods and have the same problem with a few of the files, so it's a bit difficult at this point to re-download every single one that has a problem. I've tried reinstalling a few times, so like I said, not sure what do at this point.

I actually have the same problem. I have tired uninstalling the mod and installing it back for it to choose different loaded files. But it does absolutely nothing. I even tried disabling the mod and then uninstalling it, just in case it someone still saw the mod as active. I don't know what to do apart from uninstalling and removing the mod completely from my PC and then re-downloading it to install a new load of files it chooses. I have been downloading quite a few mods and have the same problem with a few of the files, so it's a bit difficult at this point to re-download every single one that has a problem. I've tried reinstalling a few times, so like I said, not sure what do at this point.

What game are you talking about, and what are (some of) the FOMOD's giving you problems?

• 6 months later...