Vortex can't take Skyrim SE from NMM - 2 Errors

Dreifels

But NMM has the same restriction. It just "hides" it better. NMM's virtual mod installation directory also has to reside on the same disk as the game.

This is not the consquence of an incompetence of the developers but a neccessity because both NMM as well as Vortex are using HardLinks to "blend in" the mod's files into the game's data directory.

MO works differently, because it uses a virtual file system to achieve the same result. This is more flexible on one hand, but also has a lot of undesired side effects, like you HAVE to start the game (and all tools which have to be able to see the mod installation) through MO itself.

NMM's and Vortex' way to deploy mods is maybe a bit less elegant (debatable) but it's certainly the less problematic and difficult way in the long run.

1) I have no screenshot and can't provide because I break up the installation and had to do a complete restore with a backup of the disk. For me Vortext is dead because missing of essential functionality in setup. It is a general thing: As the current instalaltion works fine (with NMM and also with MO) it is not to accept that a newer and more "modern" solutionis unable to work with the same w/o issues. Such a program MUST run with any that is Windows conform. The more, as the basic requirement = all on same medium + same drive letter (logical and physically) is done. All other deeper intervention in operating system configuration such a program MUST NOT require. :down: :no:

It is not a system that is exclusive for that game, the game is a guest on the system.

I don't understand this post tbh. You listed your directories above, including three for NMM:

E:\NMM_SE_info\SkyrimSE\Install Info\*

E:\NMM_SE_stored\Mods\*

E:\NMM_SE_Virtual\SkyrimSE\Mods\VirtualInstall\*

which you had to configure when you started modding the game in NMM.

But for Vortex it's unacceptable you have to configure one?

The point is: Windows has predefined locations where to store various kinds of data with (sensibly) preconfigured access permissions - all on drive C: (by default)

For other drives Vortex (or any other application) has no way of knowing where it should store things so you have to provide it. It's not possible to save you this one configuration step, if you don't like it you have to store everything on C:.

you still focus to the wron subect.

again:

1) I set Vortoex on SAME HDD as Skyrim and NMM

2) I got the error after select game and vortex scanned

3) ALL - I repeat - A L L - is/was on same HDD

either the vortex has a bug or the error message is false

I am afraid there might be a bit of a language barrier. (See below)

Installing Vortex on the same hard drive as Skyrim is fine, but not required.

What is required though is that the Mod Staging Folder is on the same hard drive as the game. If this is not the case, the error you are seeing is expected behaviour.

To solve the issue navigate to your "Settings". Then click "Mods". Then set that folder to a folder on the same drive as Skyrim. That will make "Hardlink Deployment" available.

It appears your native language may be German so:

Wo du Vortex installierst ist nicht wichtig, aber es ist wichtig, dass das "Mod Staging Folder" auf der selben Partition ist wie Skyrim selbst. Das "Mod Staging Folder" stellt man in Vortex (und fuer jedes Spiel individuell) ein nachdem Vortex installiert ist.

Wenn du Vortex installierst und ein Spiel aktivierst/managst und das "Mod Staging Folder" nicht auf der selben Partition ist, dann kann Vortex keine Deployment Methode einstellen und du kriegst entsprechend eine Fehlermeldung - das ist soweit auch nicht schlimm und soll so sein.

Was du jetzt tun musst ist:

1. Klick auf "Settings" links im Navigationsmenue.

2. Klick auf den Reiter "Mods"

3. Das Verzeichnis mit dem Namen "Mod Staging Folder (Skyrim)" muss irgendwo auf der selben Partition wie Skyrim sein.

4. Sobald du das so eingestellt hast, sollte "Hardlink Deployment" als "Deployment Method" verfuegbar werden. Sobald das ausgewaehlt ist, passt alles.

It appears your native language may be German so:

Wo du Vortex installierst ist nicht wichtig, aber es ist wichtig, dass das "Mod Staging Folder" auf der selben Partition ist wie Skyrim selbst. Das "Mod Staging Folder" stellt man in Vortex (und fuer jedes Spiel individuell) ein nachdem Vortex installiert ist.

no, it is not a languge problem on my side, it is a general problem of understanding on your all side!

how often I have to say, that ALL is on same HDD - simply look the pathes I postend above.

what is so hard to understand with the word ALL

We don't believe you because of those things:

a) it's not even possible to put everything on E: (the database will remain on C no matter what)

b) you still didn't show us the screenshot of Vortex where we can actually confirm that you've afapted the right setting (maybe you just keep missing that, that's why we're pushing that point)

c) The error message you showed us in the initial posting only shows up if you neglect putting Vortex' mod staging path on the same drive as the game.

No matter how often you write that word 'all' in large red letters, unless you show us that you actually set the required setting correctly, it'll be hard for us to help you.

I have ALL on E: and partially custom pathes

E:\Steam\*

E:\LOOT\*

E:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\*.ini

E:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves\*.sav

E:\NMM_SE_info\SkyrimSE\Install Info\*

E:\NMM_SE_stored\Mods\*

E:\NMM_SE_Virtual\SkyrimSE\Mods\VirtualInstall\*

E:\TEMP\*

You said the above are all on the same drive. None of these are the Mod Staging Folder, which we have repeatedly pointed out is the one that is the reason why you are getting the error message regarding the availability of deployment methods.

None of these folders seem to be related to Vortex in the first place.

You are getting this "Check Failed" message, correct?

post-5872020-0-68286600-1540019928.jpg

If this folder (in Settings > Mods) does not point to a folder on E: for you, then you will not be able to solve your issue.

post-109409-0-06511400-1540107724.png

Installing Vortex to E: does not automatically put everything on E:. I believe that could be a misconception on your part.

If the above folder points to a folder on E:, and you are still getting a "Check Failed" message, please let me know.

a) it's not even possible to put everything on E: (the database will remain on C no matter what)

bullsh**

I can (and have done) ALL put on E: what is not system. This is Windows. Before you state false information, learn how Windows works and what you dan do in windows and how.

I'm out. Discussion is kindisch. You shoud start thinking what can cause the error message even if all is on same HDD, then you come closerto the problem.

ok wenn Du nicht willst, dass man Dir hilft, dann sag das doch gleich.

Mit Bullshit lass ich mich nicht anschreien.

Ich bin ziemlich sicher, dass ich ein wenig mehr über Windows weiß als Du, ich wüsste auch eine Methode, das Userprofil auf eine andere Partition als C zu legen, aber a) glaube ich Dir nicht, dass Du das gemacht hast (denn nicht was Du schreibst weißt darauf hin) und b) wäre das auch keine gute Idee.

Ist Dir denn klar von welchen Daten ich rede, wenn ich von der Vortex Datenbank spreche?

Und dass Du alle Daten auf E hast können wir Dir nicht glauben, wenn Du Dich einfach weiter weigerst uns den Screenshot zu zeigen... die Fehlermeldung kommt nämlich nur genau dann, wenn dem nicht so ist.