Forum issues?

AlfredTetzlaff

Only mark board as read sets a cookie and interestingly enough if you delete that cookie it won't effect the outcome and it will show things marked as read even if you close your browser.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i click on My Content with the Setting "Topics i have started or posted" no Posts from New Threads are shown, i have to go to the Show Posts i made Section.

Edit: I just went to my Content and this Thread i just posted isent showing there. "Topics i have started or posted"

Edited by daventry

I've been getting the same problem, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it's related to multiple accounts on one computer.

I haven't confirmed this yet, but the problem seemed to have started after my girlfriend logged in and then back out. Deleting all Nexus cookies seems to have fixed the problem.

Well... it appears to be rather random for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't..... I can't find any particular rhyme or reason as to why it doesn't want to on occasion.... and it seems to be only a couple of the sub-forums that have issues. The debates forum seems to work just fine, the Mod Author General Discussion forum though..... it REALLY hit and miss. Mostly miss......

I'm having the same problem for days. I'm running Chrome with default settings, never had problems regarding cookies being refused, in this site or elsewhere. Didn't use any other devices or browsers to visit the Nexus during this whole period.

The list seems to work correctly once a day (in the morning, when I power up the computer) but refuses to refresh itself during the whole session. The read topics result unread when I reload the page unless I mark everything as read myself, and even then new comments will appear but not move themselves to the top of the list. I tried deleting cookies (through the forum page's specific command) hoping they would recreate themselves properly but behaviour didn't change.

I'd really like some help here. It's very difficult following responses without the comment tracker.

EDIT: Just tried firefox, same situation.

Edited by sPINELESSjELLY

I have the exact same issues as sPINELESSjELLY. I'm on Opera with the same settings for the two PCs I've been visiting the Nexus on. I never had any problems with the comment tracker before the new code. Since then it's been very on and off, but the last few days it's behaving just as sPINELESSjELLY above me describes.

I'm hoping for some pointers as well, as I use the tracker regularly.

The read/unread issue doesn't bother me as much as the bugs with "My Content" does. I use that a lot to check what topics I've posted in has had new replies. Right now, new replies don't move up like they're supposed to. I have no idea how it's organized at the moment, and having every thread marked as unread makes it that much harder to find the ones which actually have new replies.

Oh and info from me:

I am using Mozilla FireFox 13.0.1. This is the only computer that I log into with my nexus account. I am the only one who uses this computer to check nexus. I haven't logged out in weeks. Any thread that I haven't checked in about 3 weeks show up as unread, regardless of whether or not there have been new replies.

Edited by fg109