Forum issues?

AlfredTetzlaff

Well, still having this issue even with "Compat Mode" disabled. Same machine, haven't visited the sites from any other device, but all the posts in a particular sub-forum I checked this morning were re-tagged as unread as soon as I went to another forum.

Re-read some of them, closed my browser completely, and they were "unread" again when I returned. :sad:

But... Using the "Mark all as Read" icon does seem to function properly, and the result appears to be maintained across sessions.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also getting the same situation with read posts reverting back to unread, but it's rather haphazard. I use Chrome, I'm not blocking any cookies (I show 2 cookies from tes.nexusmods.com, skyrim.nexusmods.com, oblivion.nexusmods.com, newvegas.nexmods.com and morrowind.nexusmods.com and 13 cookies from nexusmods.com). Some threads I read yesterday are still marked as read and some aren't. I can't be certain but it almost looks like any threads I read in the last time I logged in yesterday are still marked as read but ones I read in earlier sessions are not (similar to Thandal's report).

I'm also having this issue with read items showing up as unread.. firefox in win 7 64 bit. If I mark the entire forum as read, then when I come back, new messages will show up as unread, but it seems I have to manually clear the forums everytime I read.

EDIT: I notice at times the function seems to work correctly. Like right now. I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with Firefox, possibly when the browser is closed.

Edited by Stemin

Firefox does have an option to clear all your cookies when you exit the browser. Do you also have to re-login to the forums each time you visit the forums after closing and starting your browser?

I am seeing a lot of the aforementioned behavior as well. I do not clear cookies from specific websites on browser close. (this being one of them.) How bad was the performance hit from the previous method? I don't really notice the site being that much speedier.... At leas the previous method actually worked....

This problem is still happening for me in the "Feedback, suggestions and questions" forum in the same Firefox browser window I used yesterday. It doesn't seem to matter whether I manually view a topic or use the "Mark all as read" feature -- a few hours later or the next day the topics are showing up as unread again.

The problem does not seem to be recurring today in the "Nexus websites" bug tracker or the "Forum rules and strikes" forum.

However, the read/unread status does not carry across browsers: If I read a topic in Firefox, that topic still shows unread in Chrome or Internet Explorer, even if I refresh the page or restart the browser.

Firefox does have an option to clear all your cookies when you exit the browser. Do you also have to re-login to the forums each time you visit the forums after closing and starting your browser?

I do not delete the cookies or sign out. I usually stay signed in on all of my browsers. If I close a browser and restart it, I'm usually still logged in to Nexus and I don't have to sign in again.

Hi guys,

sorry for the late reply, had a few busy days myself :)

Just a little update:

- for IE9, compatibility mode is still mandatory for the forums (sites are working fine without), otherwise menus won't work

- read marks are working again but in compatibility mode you'll have to refresh the page (F5) manually to make them show

This behavior is not new (at least for me this is "normal" for quite some time) but is easily circumvented:

Just press F12, this will open the developer menu. Open the "Cache" submenu and activate "Always refresh from server" after that F12 again for closing those menus.

Only one downside, this setting is not persistent, you'll have to do it again after closing/restarting your IE.

This problem is still pretty pervasive. Even on the same session, If I leave the General Mod Authors forum, on my return, no matter if it is a few seconds, or a few hours, all posts are marked as unread.

Any likelihood we can get the servers to track this again??

I honestly can't replicate this issue.

Just installed the latest version of Fire Fox after a recent Windows reinstall. Default Fire Fox settings. Login to the forums. Mark all boards as read. Log out. Log in, all topics still marked as read. Close Fire Fox, start Fire Fox again. All topics still marked as read.

What I do know is that these forums and Skyrim Nexus have been the most stable they've been in a long time recently due to these and other tweaks we've applied recently. I would advise you to continue troubleshooting this issue on your end as I cannot replicate this issue with a default install.