Fallout 76 brought to fallout 4?

Akulakha

So I have a question to all of the modders that just came to mind. When fallout 76 is fully released will it be possible that fallout 4's modding community start bringing over fallout 76's material to fallout 4? Like bringing over the monsters to fight, the new attribute system, the new buildings and dungeons to explore, and other stuff?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. Porting assets is not allowed. But, it's possible to recreate them. Which is a lot of work.

Features, ideas for quests can also be taken and recreated in fallout 4.

But in the end, there is nothing worth to steal/port.

MAYBE, we see something ported via the Creation Club. Would be ideal. They could make double the money with their work. Which they already did by using about 101% of the fallout 4 assets in fallout 76. No blame but still somehow disappointing. Feels like playing the same game.

-No I didnt play it, but i saw a lot of reviews and gameplay vids.

Presumably those files are only encrypted until the PC Beta starts, correct?

Any guesses as to what we'll be able to do, day 1, with xEdit and Bethesda Archive Extractor, if the files are decrypted?

To clarify, I don't mean posting FO76 assets on Nexus, but for purposes of this discussion, let's also suppose someone doesn't care about getting caught cheating during the FO76 PC beta (e.g. they want to modify the terminal text display rate, make lock-picking easier, or retexture a Vault 76 outfit with a Vault 111 outfit). What will be technically possible to alter and have it work in game as of October 30th with the already existing tools?

But in the end, there is nothing worth to steal/port.

Whaddya mean? Goofy emotes and tubas are exactly what FO4 needs!

Yes, you are right, I'm sorry.

For comfort there is no NDA covering the PC beta so I am comfortable sharing observations as long as there is no reverse engineering that conflicts with the EULA/TOS limited use license.

I would expect all files to remain hashed so only the approved client side .exe applications can make edits, else end point users will start to tune performance improvements and front run server FIFO/latency queues ... without paying any tax uplifts ;)

Had a quick poke at the ESP and BA2s, looks like they use different stamps and signatures so will need to wait on the file format editor experts (not me).

I'd like the leveling system put into fallout 4. It just strikes me as more interesting then we currently have.. hmm what else... engine related stuff is a non starter...

Perhaps some of the armors? Saw like a medic armor that looked kinda nice. The enemies in 76 seem downright inferior to fallout 4. Seems like scorched this or scorched that.

*disclaimer* Not suggesting ripping assets out of 76, but creating things from scratch based on the idea of 76.