Vortex is not Launching! Not opening after install

sodapoptwenty

So I installed Vortex, and the setup goes fine but when I click the icon to launch vortex then nothing! I don't even see the splash screen. Nothing seems to happen after the program asks for administrator permission. I use Windows 8 btw.

Is there anything I can do? Was soo looking forward to using Vortex :(

Thank you

Vortex shouldn't ask for administrator permission on launch under normal circumstances. It could be something else on your PC (such as an over-zealous anti-virus) stopping it from initialising properly.

Have you installed it to the default directory or did you use the custom installer?

Vortex shouldn't ask for administrator permission on launch under normal circumstances. It could be something else on your PC (such as an over-zealous anti-virus) stopping it from initialising properly.

Have you installed it to the default directory or did you use the custom installer?

I installed it to the default directory and it just doesn't start up, not even the splash screen. I have also tried turning off my Anti virus but that makes no difference.

The administrator permission was my own doing, I did that to see if that was the problem but the problem remains with it on or off

I tried going back to an older version from the download page and that works. The only solution I found was to turn off the automatic update as the new version just doesn't start up

What could be the issue? im perplexed :/

I tried going back to an older version from the download page and that works. The only solution I found was to turn off the automatic update as the new version just doesn't start up

What could be the issue? im perplexed :/

In the case of Vortex 0.16.10, I have not yet seen an explanation as to why that version works for some people but not for others. You made a good decision going back to v. 0.16.8.

In my case the Vortex deity blessed me with a working version of 0.16.10. Why this grace was bestowed on me and not on others, I have no idea.

Same thing Vortex 0.16.10 is not Launching! Not opening after install, i uninstalled and install the Version 0.13.1 and i got this error {"type":"Crash","error":{"message":"QUERY command exited with code 1:\n\nERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.","stack":"Error: QUERY command exited with code 1:\n\nERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.\n at regKey.get (C:\\Program Files\\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\\Vortex\\resources\\app.asar\\util\\Steam.js:30:32)\n at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\\Program Files\\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\\Vortex\\resources\\app.asar\\node_modules\\winreg\\lib\\registry.js:632:7)\n at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)\n at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:194:7)\n at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:899:16)\n at Socket.<anonymous> (internal/child_process.js:342:11)\n at emitOne (events.js:96:13)\n at Socket.emit (events.js:191:7)\n at Pipe._handle.close [as _onclose] (net.js:510:12)"},"labels":["bug","crash"]}

Same thing Vortex 0.16.10 is not Launching! Not opening after install, i uninstalled and install the Version 0.13.1 and i got this error {"type":"Crash","error":{"message":"QUERY command exited with code 1:\n\nERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.","stack":"Error: QUERY command exited with code 1:\n\nERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.\n at regKey.get (C:\\Program Files\\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\\Vortex\\resources\\app.asar\\util\\Steam.js:30:32)\n at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\\Program Files\\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\\Vortex\\resources\\app.asar\\node_modules\\winreg\\lib\\registry.js:632:7)\n at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)\n at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:194:7)\n at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:899:16)\n at Socket.<anonymous> (internal/child_process.js:342:11)\n at emitOne (events.js:96:13)\n at Socket.emit (events.js:191:7)\n at Pipe._handle.close [as _onclose] (net.js:510:12)"},"labels":["bug","crash"]}

Download and install v. 0.16.8. Version 0.13.1 is a totally outdated version.

Download and install v. 0.16.8. Version 0.13.1 is a totally outdated version.

Augusta Calidia Thanks for your help i did Download and install v. 0.16.8. than updated to the latest version and it's working like charm no errors at start up. So Vortex is the new mod manager right ?

Augusta Calidia Thanks for your help i did Download and install v. 0.16.8. than updated to the latest version and it's working like charm no errors at start up. So Vortex is the new mod manager right ?

Yes, Vortex is the new mod manager. I'm glad to learn that you now have v. 10 working for you.