Site and NMM updates, social networking features incoming

Dark0ne

I'm wondering if most of the people complaining have noticed you've got a load of new options in your preferences to manipulate what you see in the feeds. Don't like seeing who's commented on what? Turn it off, then the tracked file feed will only show you when an author adds new stuff to one of your tracked files. Don't like the tracked files feed and just want to see what new files have been uploaded, or the site news? Set your default feed to "Latest files" or "Site news" and ignore the other feeds.

So yeah, it would be good if the people complaining about the social networking features could acknowledge that they're aware they can customise things to have it absolutely ignored.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about colors in mod descriptions?

What are you talking about? I just tested it and it worked fine with the colour red using the [ color] tags.

This line is in my mod's description

What!? Only ONE type of ranged weapon in Skyrim?! Not anymore! Now two different types of bows!

and it shows up white, it looks like this (both here in this message and in my desc):

[ color=00c0ee ]What!? Only ONE type of ranged weapon in Skyrim?! Not anymore! Now two different types of bows![ /color ]

and it used to work before this update :)

edit, I also don't see any red text in your post

test with [ color = red ]

edit2

okay so hex codes don't work anymore? every mod author will have to manually go through all the hex codes and replace them with named colors?

*confused*

Edited by Athyra

I'm wondering if most of the people complaining have noticed you've got a load of new options in your preferences to manipulate what you see in the feeds. Don't like seeing who's commented on what? Turn it off, then the tracked file feed will only show you when an author adds new stuff to one of your tracked files. Don't like the tracked files feed and just want to see what new files have been uploaded, or the site news? Set your default feed to "Latest files" or "Site news" and ignore the other feeds.

So yeah, it would be good if the people complaining about the social networking features could acknowledge that they're aware they can customise things to have it absolutely ignored.

Thank you for the feedback. Didn't realise that this was possible, but it does improve the situation now I can just filter for new files. Many thanks :)

okay colors used to work with hex codes like this

[ color=00aa11 ]

but now you have to do

[ color=#00aa11 ]

figured it out

that's why *all* my desc went white ><

good to know :P

I knew about those, it's just that like a few others, I have absolutely zero interest in the feeds item at all, it's something on site that I never used. So to have it take up the bulk of the main page is fairly annoying, even when you turn off the feed contents, you just end up with a massive empty gap in the page.

It's not that I can't alter what I see in the feeds that's my 'complaint' - or that I have to view it at all, it's having it slapped right in the main section of the page. It makes the page look cluttered and untidy. Having the 'hot' files and 'latest files' blocks shoved over to the side makes them look like an afterthought now.

It's not the feature I'm at odds with, it's the presentation.

EDIT:

I would at least like the option to 'opt out' of providing any feed information myself if anything, I really dislike this sort of thing being automatically inclusive from the start.