vortex is awful

StallionG

I've lurked on nexusmods for years now, modding my Skyrim and Fallout NV using NMM, and decided to try out Vortex. Holy god is it bad, the UI is retarded and over complicated, it crashes like nothing else, has constant login issues, and is a shitty Electron app of all things. I don't understand why it exists. I also can't get Fallout NV with NVSE, for whatever reason. f*#@ Vortex.

How do I switch back to using NMM to download my mods on nexusmods or is that just not possible because of no reason whatsoever?

Edited by StallionG

Guest deleted34304850

a bad workman always blames his tools.

all your issues are down to one thing, and one thing only - you're too lazy to read how to do what you want to do. fix that, and you fix your issues.

over to you.

I've lurked on nexusmods for years now, modding my Skyrim and Fallout NV using NMM, and decided to try out Vortex. Holy god is it bad, the UI is retarded and over complicated, it crashes like nothing else, has constant login issues, and is a shitty Electron app of all things. I don't understand why it exists. I also can't get Fallout NV with NVSE, for whatever reason. f*** Vortex.

How do I switch back to using NMM to download my mods on nexusmods or is that just not possible because of no reason whatsoever?

You want me to believe that you tried Vortex and had problems with it because Vortex is designed poorly, yet you finish your post asking how to do the simplest, mundane thing, of switching back to NMM.

No wonder you had a problem with Vortex.

PEBCAK

damn getting hit by the shills hard,

I'm shaking in my books because I'm being accused of DDOSing when I don't even have the resources to do that, nor would I care enough to do that to anyone, second, I'm being insulted for asking a simple question, third, It's my second post because I was I lurked on here, it's actually in the first few sentences if you weren't a shill and could actually read.

Have a good day, my friendly shills. Thanks for the friendly community.

Edited by StallionG

damn getting hit by the shills hard,

I'm shaking in my books because I'm being accused of DDOSing when I don't even have the resources to do that, nor would I care enough to do that to anyone, second, I'm being insulted for asking a simple question, third, It's my second post because I was I lurked on here, it's actually in the first few sentences if you weren't a shill and could actually read.

Have a good day, my friendly shills. Thanks for the friendly community.

Holy god is it bad, the UI is retarded and over complicated, it crashes like nothing else, has constant login issues, and is a shitty Electron app of all things. I don't understand why it exists. I also can't get Fallout NV with NVSE, for whatever reason. f*** Vortex.

Yea, some friendly community.

That was your original post.

Oh, and here's how you get NVSE working with Fallout New Vegas.

It's a real beginner's step, something you would've known if you bothered with the tutorials and what-not.

Oh, and nice use of the word "Shills" that screams of "I WATCH YOUTUBE CONSPIRACY VIDEOS!!!!"

From the Dashboard, you click ADD TOOL, then you browse to the NVSE_Loader.exe.

VOILA, you're done.

However, Vortex automatically adds all of the Script Extenders automatically to the dashboard, seeing as Vortedx didn't add NVSE_Loader.exe on your system, it's obvious you installed it in the wrong place.

*DISCLAIMER: I used Fallout 3 in my example, don't get confused

Vortex-dashboard-add-tool.jpg

Already added the tool, I said it wouldn't launch with NVSE, how could I even try to launch it if I hadn't set it up moron.

The error it's getting is that it can't find FalloutNV.exe but it's in the same folder and launches fine with NMM, again, Vortex devs literally chew on crayons and pay you toddlers to say this garbage

Edited by StallionG