Vortex on SkyrimSE

Gianfry77Foxclaw

Hi, I'm going straight to the point! Why did you change the Nexus Mod Manager? With Vortex I had to uninstall the whole lot, losing all the mods (and some even do not exist anymore) and I downloaded SkyrimSE from Steam again (11.4 GB). When I started Vortex, it did not apply the mods installed for SkyrimSE with a disordered tangle of precedence and almost unlikely cycle. Wanting to activate, always after the launcher of the game, going on the loading order on the mod SkyrimSE, did not even activate the game itself! Why? Now I have to download the mods again. How good was Nexus Mod Manager!!!

Just jumping back into Skyrim myself after a long time away. With Skyrim SE as well and just wanted to say I am loving Vortex thus far.

I took the time to watch all of the tutorial vids Gopher put up and i'm having zero problems with Vortex. In fact it is really impressing me greatly. Just got through the part of building a load order i always dreaded without a hitch - setting up FNIS. I mean it went to smooth i thought i had broken something, but nope, just buttery smoothness.

Being honest, i hated NMM with a passion, but i had just got used to it over time in the past and my feelings aside it was a solid option. However, Vortex is exactly the kind of setup i always wanted NMM to be. Sound like a fanboy for sure, but i am truly loving it. Sorry you are having issues. Seriously suggest you check out Gopher's videos before you continue. I used to run a heavy load order that was always pushing the mod# limit, but Vortex is totally new to me and taking a pause to bone up first made a total difference.

Best to use Vortex on a new install.

That new install sounds like a good idea. If Bethesda comes out with any new games that Vortex supports, then starting with Vortex would make perfect sense. In the meantime, those of us who will play or replay our existing installations might wish to try the advertised Vortex migration. I have resisted doing so on Skyrim SE because it is so stable with NMM. My Fallout 4 game is somewhat unstable and I have been curious as to whether Vortex might help in this regard, but I am also aware that I could be in a position where I need to reinstall virtually everything if the migration process messed up.

I swapped out from nmm which I loved to vortex. It takes some getting used it seems like the stronger of the two tools. Only thing I miss from nmm was the ability to single out files I want to overwrite or not. Perhaps there is a setting for that, but its not a big enough issue to look up.

I swapped out from nmm which I loved to vortex. It takes some getting used it seems like the stronger of the two tools. Only thing I miss from nmm was the ability to single out files I want to overwrite or not. Perhaps there is a setting for that, but its not a big enough issue to look up.

How to do overwrite individual files:

Vortex-individual-1.jpg

Vortex-individual-2.jpg

Vortex-individual-3.jpg

Vortex-individual-4.jpg

Neat, I wondered if those buttons would do it. So yeah vortex is better all the way around then. Seems much less annoying to use then the old nmm one file at a time popups.

Neat, I wondered if those buttons would do it. So yeah vortex is better all the way around then. Seems much less annoying to use then the old nmm one file at a time popups.

Totally is. And i am really digging how the rules stick even when updating mods. Only have to figure stuff out the once and you are golden.