Update... Here we go again...

akaTaddz

There is. Should be on this page, but if it doesn't land on the page I was on when I copied the link, go to the last page and work a page or two backward.

It involves getting steam to re-download the old .exes for you. Don't delete the ones that just came with the update, but rather cut/paste them into a safe place. Once SKSE and dependent mods are updated, delete the old ones and slip the new ones back in. For the mean time, the old .exes will allow you to start/play the game as normal, in spite of the update.

I try to make a copy of my .exes and store them in a safe folder, with the version #, after each update, so I can go back and do this without having to deal with steam, in the event I'm caught by an update. That being said, I have Skyrim SE set not to update unless launched, and I (try to) only play in offline mode. The backups are in case I forget.

*edit* Derp - I forgot to add the link. https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4979480-skse/page-89

Edited by thumbincubation

Next time, install Skyrimse.exe autobackup.

whats that and where do I get it, I cant play today due to this update surely there must be a workaround.

I gave you the name of the mod, it's right here on the nexus.

"Skyrimse.exe auto backup" <--------- put that in the search box

Much easier than that obtuse "rollback" through steam

What a pain in the ass, every 2-3 months Bethesda released a tiny update for the CK and brakes SKSE along with numerous mods until the authors update.

Back up the newly updated SkyrimSE.exe

2 In the steam console copy/paste: download_depot 489830 489833 4140371450004190946

3 Steam will download SkyrimSE.exe in ~/steamapps/content/app_489830/depot_489833

4 Copy/past this SkyrimSE.exe in your skyrim se folder, replacing the updated.

Edited by Kulharin

What a pain in the ass, every 2-3 months Bethesda released a tiny update for the CK and brakes SKSE along with numerous mods until the authors update.

2 In the steam console copy/paste: download_depot 489830 489833 4140371450004190946

3 Steam will download SkyrimSE.exe in ~/steamapps/content/app_489830/depot_489833

Hello, how do u find out what the download_depot code is for the previous version? sorry if this is a dumb and or complicated question but I just wanted to know so I could find it on my own in the future. Also thanks so much for this, I thought I wouldnt've been able to play today

i would give you kiss for this... thanks!

What would really be nice is Bethesda focusing on FIXING THEIR BROKEN GAMES instead of shoving all these CC "updates" down our throats that end up breaking SKSE64. This is not an anti-CC rant either. However, Bethesda has yet to fix the GLARING specular mapping issue that causes the specular maps to only work whenever the compass is pointing South. Seriously, this has been an issue SINCE LAUNCH.