Update causing anyone else to be unable to play?

Harper72

I updated to the new version of F4SE today (I was playing just fine this morning), and now when I start to load one of my saves it gets right to the point of getting in and then CTD to desktop. I'm assuming some mod needs to be updated since F4SE updated. This is more a frustration post but I would like advice if anyone has it.

Yes, no mods that use F4SE have been updated yet, so you're going to CTD until they do.

Next time, wait until the mods that use F4SE are updated as well

No, it's not necessarily the mods. I have the exact same problem. NMM warned me about two mods and I disabled them. The savegames still crashed. I then disabled ALL mods, and the game still crashes at the save game load. I can start the game and load saves in Steam but if I start the game with F4SE, with NO mods, the game still crashes with F4SE. So it's not a mod problem.

Edited by Grifman

Yes, no mods that use F4SE have been updated yet, so you're going to CTD until they do.

Next time, wait until the mods that use F4SE are updated as well

No, it's not necessarily the mods. I have the exact same problem. NMM warned me about two mods and I disabled them. The savegames still crashed. I then disabled ALL mods, and the game still crashes at the save game load. I can start the game and load saves in Steam but if I start the game with F4SE, with NO mods, the game still crashes with F4SE. So it's not a mod problem.

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. Even when I delete all the mods I was using that required F4SE - including the only one of them that had just been updated this evening, after the F4SE update - the game still crashes at the save game load when I try to launch the game using F4SE. However, when I choose the normal Fallout 4 launch option in NMM, the save games load just fine. I'm going to delete the game & all my mods, and do a clean install of all of them, and then put F4SE back on to test it (with and without the one mod that required F4SE that also got an update), but I think that the F4SE team needs to go back to the drawing board with this release.

Damn shame; I had found a really good key binding mod that requires F4SE which finally fixed an issue of me not being able to strafe left in settlement build mode (I've remapped Strafe Left to the Q key & Strafe Right to the E key).

Installed everything okay, ran "GetF4SEversion" and it is installed properly, installed the updated Looksmenu and MCM; then tried to load my last save which froze my computer at the loading screen several times. I'm wondering if there is something else that has been updated to the game which messes the game up. The game played fine yesterday and I don't believe it can be the mods. Just strange..... Bethesda seeking revenge on Fallout players?

Installed everything okay, ran "GetF4SEversion" and it is installed properly, installed the updated Looksmenu and MCM; then tried to load my last save which froze my computer at the loading screen several times. I'm wondering if there is something else that has been updated to the game which messes the game up. The game played fine yesterday and I don't believe it can be the mods. Just strange..... Bethesda seeking revenge on Fallout players?

I'm convinced it's an issue with F4SE, not with the FO4 executable. When I deleted my F4SE-dependent mods and launched the game with the regular "Launch Fallout 4" option in NMM, the save game files load just fine, including files that had been saved while I was using F4SE.

I'm going to do a clean re-install of the game and all my non-F4SE-dependent mods, then try launching the game & loading saves with the normal Launch FO4 option in NMM. Then, I'll install F4SE & launch the game with it, but without F4SE-dependent mods installed. Finally - if the game launches with F4SE but no F4SE mods - I'll try adding F4SE dependent mods, one at a time.

I'm convinced it's an issue with F4SE, not with the FO4 executable. When I deleted my F4SE-dependent mods and launched the game with the regular "Launch Fallout 4" option in NMM, the save game files load just fine, including files that had been saved while I was using F4SE.

I'm going to do a clean re-install of the game and all my non-F4SE-dependent mods, then try launching the game & loading saves with the normal Launch FO4 option in NMM. Then, I'll install F4SE & launch the game with it, but without F4SE-dependent mods installed. Finally - if the game launches with F4SE but no F4SE mods - I'll try adding F4SE dependent mods, one at a time.

I really don't think you need to do all of that. The game will launch with F4SE but it won't load any un-modded save games created with the regular Fallout 4 or Fallout 4 launched with F4SE as I tried that.

I can not load my game without crashing. I started a new game, and as long as I play, I am fine. Soon as I try to load a save, crash. All my content I use, has been updated for 1.5.62, afaik. Validated and cleaned the ESPs with latest xedit. Frustrating.

My 'old' save, is not loading either. I assumed it was corrupt, but, maybe that is not the case.

Added: There is a new F4SE now, ver 15. Installing that, resolved my save game load issues.

Edited by Mebantiza