does vortex need to be running while playing a game?

nashiem

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you don't want Vortex idling when you run your game, just stop it before you launch your game.

Thanks for the response. I'm new to F4, I'm used to Skyrim which I mod through Mod Organizer, but thought I'd go the Vortex route with F4. I was launching through vortex, and then tried sending a f4se launcher shortcut to my desktop. But I don't know if I did it right because now if I try to launch from my desktop I get a black screen....? No problems with launching through vortex, but I don't want Vortex running in the background because it seems to affect my game performance.

• 1 year later...

If you don't want Vortex idling when you run your game, just stop it before you launch your game.

I am not so sure look at this got this from Diagnostic Data Viewer "VortexHttpAttempts": 2" I got this with Vortex closed and internet unplugged.

MS says "VortexHttpAttempts Number of attempts to contact Vortex".

This should not happen when an APP is not running, So I am a little concerned abort Vortex running an census/Spying on what you are playing and what mods are loaded and so on,

With out letting us know? Or it may be trying to check for updates, regardless of use it is using Internet bandwidth and cpu cycles. Still running in background.

Guest deleted34304850

I am not so sure look at this got this from Diagnostic Data Viewer "VortexHttpAttempts": 2" I got this with Vortex closed and internet unplugged.

MS says "VortexHttpAttempts Number of attempts to contact Vortex".

This should not happen when an APP is not running, So I am a little concerned abort Vortex running an census/Spying on what you are playing and what mods are loaded and so on,

With out letting us know? Or it may be trying to check for updates, regardless of use it is using Internet bandwidth and cpu cycles. Still running in background.

if you're so concerned about vortex "spying" on you, i've got some good news for you. it's completely open source. you can go and look at the code and remove all the bits that are spying on you and run that on your system that has the "internet unplugged".