New Site Index - Day 3

Dark0ne

I just noticed: All the other big nexus websites have characters on the sides, except this one :) example: fallout new vegas has the ranger and the pipboy character. Is there any chance skyrim nexus will have some characters on the sides in the near future? :)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed: All the other big nexus websites have characters on the sides, except this one :) example: fallout new vegas has the ranger and the pipboy character. Is there any chance skyrim nexus will have some characters on the sides in the near future? :)

Welll, Skyrim Nexus does have a character in the background image. It's just in the middle and therefore covered up by the main frame. :tongue:

Really like the rearrangement of the tabs with "Site News" at the front. Nice work.

I would like to suggest some changes that could improve the layout.

1- You might consider getting rid of the first "color bar" at the very top. It's nice and all, but since the layout has plenty of unused space on the sides, it only serves to diminish what we can view in the center column without scrolling. I know it's not much, but a few pixel here and there is always welcome.

2- In the "feed tabs section", you could put "preferences" as a tab too so you are consistant with that section. Everything is a tab on that except "preferences". It might also allow you to extend the tabs horizontally which would allow to put the text below the icons on only one line. Thus getting more displayed without scrolling.

3- Since you added the "Site news" feed, I think the top constantly refreshing bar "News" isn't required anymore. Then again, removing it would allow you to display more without scrolling.

4-Maybe it's not gonna be an issue if you implement some of the previous suggestions, but the "latest files" section has become a hassle since the layout changes. The thing is I much prefer the layout of the "more recent files" link than the one of the "latest files" feed. I would then suggest one of these solutions to remove this hassle.

4a- If you implement the previous suggestions, maybe the "more recent files" link will be displayed without scrolling. This would definitely solve the hassle and keep the layout unchanged for the "more recent files" link and the "latest files" feed. In fact, only the members that aren't Premium have the problem since the publicity push the link down just enough to require us to scroll.

4b- You could change the "latest files" feed to have the same layout has the new "Site news" layout. That would basically change the "latest files" feed to the same layout as the "more recent files" link. I know it would be the best solution for my needs, but I can't say it would be the best for everyone. I'll let you be the judge on that...

4c- Maybe you could just add the "more recent files" link at the top of the "latest feeds". This would provide an easier access within the feed section but would require 2 clicks to get there so it would still be a trade off...

There you have it. They're only suggestions so take them with a grain of salt.

Edited by TheThirdRace

This update completely addressed all of my dislikes about the new design. Thanks guys.

P.S. Before the update I would log in everyday just to check for news and take a look at the top files and now i can easily do that again so thanks!

P.S.S. Thanks again for posting the link to Good old Games so we could all get free copies of the original Fallout!

Edited by ZER0777

I agree, the new layout reminds me of the old one, but with the new added features nicely integrated.

I also like the new arrangement for the 'Site news' tab, much better.