FO4SE

dark113

Mate, on your "dashboard" tab at the top left of Vortex - you have an option in the middle called "Add Tool" - open that then navigate to your game folder where you keep the script extender and make that your target.

Name it as you please but something relevant will help - run it from the folder it's in unless there is some bizarre reason not to then save - the tool will now join the group to the left of the "Add Tool" button - where if you click on the three vertical dots you have the choice to make it the "MAIN" - which means it takes it's place as your main icon in the top left of screen for easier and obvious access.

Deep breath, take your time - you'll manage no problem.

JaYmZeE

• 4 weeks later...

its not working properly for me.

Keeps running the Fallout 4 launcher, which, as I recall, means the Script Extender is not working properly.

EDIT

definitely not working correctly. none of my mods function in game. theres no SE version listed under Settings at the main screen.

its not working properly for me.

Keeps running the Fallout 4 launcher, which, as I recall, means the Script Extender is not working properly.

EDIT

definitely not working correctly. none of my mods function in game. theres no SE version listed under Settings at the main screen.

It helps to read the knowledge base and watch the tutorial videos

You say it's not working for you, did you click the three vertical dots next to F4SE and pick MAKE PRIMARY, so the tool has a little banner in it?

Then, when you run Fallout 4 from Vortex , because you made F4SE PRIMARY, it will run F4SE

ADD TOOL, like in the post directly above yours

Vortex-dashboard-add-tool.jpg

I'm interested in adding my first F04SE mod, the one that allows achievements: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12465?tab=posts

In the Posts, it's noted:

"I can confirm that this mod still works with the latest version of Fallout 4 (v1.10.120) and the latest version of F4SE (build 0.6.15).

Make sure that F4SE is up to date, and as others have mentioned, you must use the f4se_loader.exe in order to use this mod and any other F4SE enabled mods."

Will adding FO4SE and making it primary do that automagically? I'd be using some cosmetic mods, the achievement mod, and FO4SE with the Steam version of F04.