Throw me your ideas!

Hazardousbio

If you've ever played stronghold, you'll understand the mod I'm making. So there will be an empty fort, which you will take over (kill bandits) you will set up an hq, a mine, houses, a mine, a smithy, mill, a barracks and guards. I am working on aimable catapults and being able to control a small army. it will be lore friendly and difficult sorta realistic (food supply and other things) send me your ideas/requests!

I really want to see some interactive features in a player home mod - where the player can push buttons to control things, like lights, expandable furniture, real true customization stuff. If you did that, I bet it would be really popular :) especially as a castle.

Sounds like you have a good idea for a mod. I would love to see working catapults.

Here are a few thoughts:

Have limited space, so that you can't get all the buildings but that you have to choose which ones to place in your fort. Which buildings you have will change the guards and other defenses that you have. Also buildings can provide different bonuses. This will make it so that you have to provide a strategy to what buildings you have. Also if you don't have a certain building, maybe you could make quests where you have to set up deals to be supplied with the equipment/resource the building provides.

You could also implement a sort of moral system where if your fort has a higher moral your troops will perform better in battle.

Building possibilities:

Mine + Blacksmith = better equipment for the troops and gold from the mine.

Shine/Chapel = blessings or healers.

Farm and/or hunters post = More food = more troops.

Brewery = more stamina for troops/higher moral.

Mill = More archers/catapults.

Houses = More troops/Support units.

Stable = Mounted knights.

Enchanters Station = Mages.

Alchemical Post = Potions for the troops.

Edited by chocklymon

If you've ever played stronghold, you'll understand the mod I'm making. So there will be an empty fort, which you will take over (kill bandits) you will set up an hq, a mine, houses, a mine, a smithy, mill, a barracks and guards. I am working on aimable catapults and being able to control a small army. it will be lore friendly and difficult sorta realistic (food supply and other things) send me your ideas/requests!

That's quite the daunting task you're taking on. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor! As for suggestions, there's little I can think to provide. I would offer some advice though, start with a small fort. Get it working smoothly, then expand on it. It helps keep your spirits up I guess when you can look at a piece of the finished product. Or at least that kind of approach worked for me when I built my own Fort Ironcrag. :)

So wait, you're gunna have two mines in the castle?

I'd like to see a house mod that is less god-like than the majority of what's currently out there. I don't need 70 mannequins - I need a medieval castle, with everything one would expect to find inside, from a war room to latrines. I'd also like to see more consideration given to RP-centric features, like companion housing and interaction with the outside world. For instance, how about being able to order food and supplies from the towns, with actual caravans travelling the roads to deliver them? Perhaps those caravans could even be ambushed, on occasion, and the player would have to patrol the roads (or send NPCs to do it) to protect them.

Spawn points for enemies outside the gates would be great, as would a dragon spawn point nearby. After all, what's the point in having a fort if its defences are never tested?

My dream feature for a castle mod is a complex "siege" system that would allow your lands to be besieged by an enemy army - an event which could stretch on for days, weeks, even months, with daily radiant quests and events that affect the progress of the conflict. For instance, the enemy might try to send sappers under your walls, which would open up previously inaccessible cave cells for some tunnel warfare. If the enemy is successful, then a section of the castle wall is destroyed, and the game chooses between several possible radiant quests to dictate how the enemy will exploit the new gap in your defences. If, instead, the sappers fail at their task, then the attempt is abandoned, enemy numbers are diminished, the chance that the besieging army will leave increases, and the game chooses from a different set of radiant quests to decide on the enemy army's next move.

That last suggestion would be an ambitious undertaking, but is certainly do-able using the CK. I doubt it'll happen, but I'll keep my fingers crossed, just in case.