Awesome Quotes

LHammonds

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Never fear big words. Long words name little things. All big things have little names such as life and death, peace and war, or dawn, day, night, love, home. Learn to use little words in a big way - it is hard to do. But they say what you mean. When you don't know what you mean, use big words. They often fool little people." Anon

I really, really like this, and that one by Javalin. : me, just now.

@lip that the rohan kings speech not aragorns... aragorn is on a sailing trip while mr king makes that speech just to stomp a horde of orcs in the ground... ;) (my favourite scene of the whole triology)
Agreed. Small error in authorship but indeed a fine quote and most excellent part of the movie trilogy!

Not sure if I already posted this (too lazy to look) nor sure where I got it from:

One must always be prepared to face the consequences of their actions.

<+Sniperwhere> Lynch Sniperwhere

<+Sniperwhere> Why me?

<+Sniperwhere> Because you're mafia, dumbass

<+Sniperwhere> Look at that idiot talking to himself.

^Me during a game of IRC Mafia.^

<~Sniperwhere> Ew. I was gonna have an apple, but they're all wrinkled and squishy.

<~Impulse> Yeah.

<~Impulse> That's why Mac sucks.

<~Sniperwhere> XD

<~Sniperwhere> hahahahaha

<&jesseh20> are you making it out of macaroni boxes impulse?

<~Impulse> Yes.

<~Sniperwhere> Can i have the macaroni?

<&jesseh20> CRYSIS IS *ban* AWESOME!

<~Impulse> No.

<~Sniperwhere> aw..

<~Impulse> The macaroni makes my graphics card.

<~Sniperwhere> oh.

<~Impulse> You can't run Crysis without that.

<~Sniperwhere> no wonder it doesn't work

<~Sniperwhere> not enough mac in my pc

<~Impulse> Hahahahaha.

<~incluye> Hahahaahahaha.

We used to have the worlds most epic IRC chats.

"You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to the level of your training."

- English proverb

"You will not rise to the occasion. You will not default to the level of your training. You will default to the level of training you mastered."

- A gun magazine (cannot remember which one)

"You will not rise to the occasion in a gun fight. Instead, you will default to the level of your training and then only be half as good as you are on your best day on the range… so you better get great training and train to be twice as good as you think you need to be!"

- GunReports.com

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.

You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.

You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.

You cannot build character and courage by taking away

men's initiative and independence.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them

what they could and should do for themselves."

- Abraham Lincoln

A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, 'You're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way.' This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, "You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants, but we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. If he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you, but we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired."

-Author Unknown-

A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, 'You're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way.' This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, "You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants, but we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. If he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you, but we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired."

-Author Unknown-

-Dwayne Perkins: Comedy Central Presents