Vortex consistently freezes

illumnati

My Vortex consistently freezes and doesn't come back to life for 30 seconds or so, like for each and every 5 - 10 seconds. The app doesn't respond, my clicks do nothing, hovering over with the cursor doesn't highlight anything, can't do anything on the app untill i keep trying and find the moment it comes back. And then after approximately 10 seconds of using the app, it happens again and the app becomes unresponsive for 30sec - 1 minutes. I basically do whatever im doing for 10 seconds and the app waits for 1 minutes and becomes completely unresponsive and frozen, and then I have another 10 seconds untill it happens back again. I just don't understand, why does it happen on only Vortex, none of my applications have expirienced this kind of issue. If you hahve any solutions i'd be really glad becouse im suffering rn this really eats away my life tbh help please

Edited by illumnati

My Vortex consistently freezes and doesn't come back to life for 30 seconds or so, like for each and every 5 - 10 seconds. The app doesn't respond, my clicks do nothing, hovering over with the cursor doesn't highlight anything, can't do anything on the app untill i keep trying and find the moment it comes back. And then after approximately 10 seconds of using the app, it happens again and the app becomes unresponsive for 30sec - 1 minutes. I basically do whatever im doing for 10 seconds and the app waits for 1 minutes and becomes completely unresponsive and frozen, and then I have another 10 seconds untill it happens back again. I just don't understand, why does it happen on only Vortex, none of my applications have expirienced this kind of issue. If you hahve any solutions i'd be really glad becouse im suffering rn this really eats away my life tbh help please

This may be various different issues combining into one. My first question will be more directed at your mods. Have you got a load of mods installed that Vortex is trying to handle at once. Every time you install/enable/disable/uninstall a mod, it has to go through a redeployment phase as it rechecks compatibilities, load orders, dependancies, file conflicts etc. the more mods you have installed etc, the longer this takes. I'm hitting nearly 300 mods myself jsut for Skyrim SE so I am noticing the delay very often now (and I'm still eyeballing more mods, call me insane :D )

Another issue could be your computer. RAM, CPU, OS etc. How much stuff are you running at same time, is your computer becoming outdated and unable to keep up. Have you cleaned out the inside of your tower recently (trust me, that dust build-up does cause speed issues. clean once every 3-4 months and notice a huge difference)

If you can think of any other information that might help, we can help you even more :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem, uninstalling doesn't help. It just goes for a few seconds and then *dead*. No reaction, nothing.

Please provide further details using the steps found in the linked "how to request support" document: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7332636-how-to-post-request-support-for-vortex/.

• 1 year later...

My Vortex:

Strike 1 - Freezes when I pressed the folder icon when trying to place tools shortcut on the dashboard. Reported and the response stated some mambo jumbo about the problem is at my end. Unresolved to this day despite many updates already.

Strike 2 - Freezes when I press the folder to point Vortex to the mod locations

Strike 3 - Freezes when I press "Install from File" button. Reported. No reply yet.

I've tried every suggested solution I managed to dig out from the internet, but nothing works. So, after three strikes, I've decided to to switch to MO2.

My Vortex:

Strike 1 - Freezes when I pressed the folder icon when trying to place tools shortcut on the dashboard. Reported and the response stated some mambo jumbo about the problem is at my end. Unresolved to this day despite many updates already.

Strike 2 - Freezes when I press the folder to point Vortex to the mod locations

Strike 3 - Freezes when I press "Install from File" button. Reported. No reply yet.

I've tried every suggested solution I managed to dig out from the internet, but nothing works. So, after three strikes, I've decided to to switch to MO2.

STOP NECROING YEAR OLD THREADS to push MO2.