You need to uninstall Sounds of Skyrim

SergeantGrrock

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this is a neccessary thread for here in "general discussion" as it is also in "mod talk" but I felt everyone should know ASAP.

From a post in "mod talk" courtesy of Staind716:

And the Sounds of Skyrim mods were all taken down by Cliffworms because there is a major problem with them causing save game bloat. He recommends everyone to uninstall these asap until he fixes this issue. If you installed with NMM it should uninstall all the scripts. Just make sure you don't just disable the .esps but actually uninstall them.

And also check in your Skyrim/Data/scripts folder and delete anything with SoS in the name. This is all straight from Cliffworms so I highly recommend doing this as soon as possible.

I know thousands of people use SOS so... there ya go. Let's hope he fixes it soon. It's gonna suck playing without it now. :sad:

I did this ... and my savegame file exploded. With SoS installed my savegame filesize was ~4MB (lvl 16 char), after i uninstalled SoS it increased to 170MB after 6h of playing! I installed SoS again and loaded an old savegame - filezize is 4MB again, but i lost ~6h playtime >:(

Edited by qwero

Uninstalled....I hope to get my favorite sounds back soon! :unsure: :thumbsup:

didn't you read my post? UNinstalling SoS caused the savegame bloat for me (after 6h of playing 1 savegame had 170MB). so be careful with that, watch the size of your savegames.

Uninstalled....I hope to get my favorite sounds back soon! :unsure: :thumbsup:

didn't you read my post? UNinstalling SoS caused the savegame bloat for me (after 6h of playing 1 savegame had 170MB). so be careful with that, watch the size of your savegames.

Thats what happened to me. Uninstalling was worse then keeping it. So I reinstalled the files.

Its about time he did this, SoS has a lot of problems, especially CTDs and have for a long time. It was due for a good cleaning, its a great mod but for some reason it has a lot of problems, it doesnt even work with Climates of Tamriel by both mod authors admissions. Hopefully he'll finally get it all fixed up to working great like Sounds of Oblivion did. If your one of the people who has SoS working perfectly count yourselves lucky, a lot of others didnt.

Don't know if this is a neccessary thread for here in "general discussion" as it is also in "mod talk" but I felt everyone should know ASAP.

From a post in "mod talk" courtesy of Staind716:

And the Sounds of Skyrim mods were all taken down by Cliffworms because there is a major problem with them causing save game bloat. He recommends everyone to uninstall these asap until he fixes this issue. If you installed with NMM it should uninstall all the scripts. Just make sure you don't just disable the .esps but actually uninstall them.

And also check in your Skyrim/Data/scripts folder and delete anything with SoS in the name. This is all straight from Cliffworms so I highly recommend doing this as soon as possible.

I know thousands of people use SOS so... there ya go. Let's hope he fixes it soon. It's gonna suck playing without it now. :sad:

I did this ... and my savegame file exploded. With SoS installed my savegame filesize was ~4MB (lvl 16 char), after i uninstalled SoS it increased to 170MB after 6h of playing! I installed SoS again and loaded an old savegame - filezize is 4MB again, but i lost ~6h playtime >:(

And if you had read my post one page back WITH a link to the mod authors thread discussing this you would have known to be careful about that. Pays to read ALL the comments on big issues like this.

Edited by Staind716

Yeah. Sorry to anyone who uninstalled and had problems. :blush: Had I known the can of worms.... :whistling:

Not your fault, you were just passing on the mod author's own recommendations. In fact, because you opened up the discussion, the unfortunate people who had problems by uninstalling were able to warn others. So kudos to you for that.