⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Which ending do you usually go for and why?

Dan3345

667 members have voted

1. 1. Which end do you generally strive for in the Mojave? Write why below.

• Caesars Legion
    • NCR
    • House
    • Independant New Vegas

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does the Legion have so few votes? :\

Apparently, people think that a patriarchal slave society that frequently commits genocide is a bad choice for the future of the Western United States.

Why does the Legion have so few votes? :\

Apparently, people think that a patriarchal slave society that frequently commits genocide is a bad choice for the future of the Western United States.

Then explain House being just after the Legion?

He rules Vegas like a large corporation ^^

I found I prefer the legion end as I kept seeing it as a fledgling nation about to start taking root. House is some old 'wizard' working on some random plan, and in the end I see him as not much better than the Think Tank of Big MT. The NCR as presented in New Vegas... I want to shoot... repeatedly... well, mostly just the higher ups (and the legion DOES let you take out General Oliver).

So most of my play throughs had me eventually siding with Caesar, ensuring that he survives long enough to take the region, and then trying to work on treaty/alliance relations with the rest of the people. But I really prefer to start favoring a RP'd story rather than what's presented in the game...cause the 'best' narrative, imo, is clearing out NCR high command to send them packing (to get intelligent people in charge hopefully) and then have the Courier begin plotting the pacification of the Legion somehow and the assassination of key targets (lanius, caesar, etc).

I grew to like the legion not as the civilization that would form, but as the tool that would coax a better civilization into existence down the road.

only thing I would change about the in game story along the way to it's completion is the blowing up of the BoS bunker. should be a speech check or a scripted quest to get around that... like smuggling the denizens to a 'safe' location and blowing the base after it was evacuated.

That's... the point...? Corporate rule is horrific. If you're serious about the best for the Mojave, go Independent and then create a coalition government.

Also, to the poster above me, not a clue why you're taking Legion. From the sounds of things, you just want an Indie playthrough (especially since you want to assassinate the Legion's leaders). If you want their force, then they're easily enough conquered post-Indie ending when their command structure falls apart.

I'll say it again, I can't stand the NCR as depicted in th story of New Vegas. I can't stand Mr. House's plan and don't believe he'll continue being so nice or care about his pawns. I don't desire an ending where the Courier is basically in charge. As I understand those are the in game ending alternatives to the Legion.

So I choose the slate wiping option that we all know won't last. At the least it sets the stage for another story to be told, maybe one with a better ending.

That's... the point...? Corporate rule is horrific. If you're serious about the best for the Mojave, go Independent and then create a coalition government.

Nah, depends on the CEO.

But House seems to be a good one, he looks to future and pre war society had depicted him as a visionary genius.

So he would a good choice to rebuilt society.

He is planning to bugger off anyway after 100 years when he gets decent spaceships, so the nation he leaves behind will be good to go. ^^

The way I see it, House is looking out for House. I think that, if he thought it'd aid his economic ambitions, he'd have no problem wiping out the entire Mojave.

Hell, look at Freeside. He completely abandoned the place and left it to rot because he didn't feel they had enough to offer the Strip. He doesn't even try to put a portion of his massive Securitron army to use policing Freeside, which would increase quality of life there massively.