Will copying a directory completely break the game?

RngrHawk

Guest deleted34304850

i have to ask why you are forced to redo your mods every few days? no mod manager will one day randomly undo all its done, so what are you doing that breaks your mods, and why don't you stop doing it?

Eyy, so I've been wondering about one thing for a while now. I have had so many troubles with modding Fallout games, it is like torture going back again and again to mod the same game for another 10 days until it decides to come up with millions of compatibility issues and whatnot. So I was thinking, after my game is ready, working, and modded the way I wanted it to be modded, can I simply backup the entire directory and then simply paste it on top of a freshly installed game directory later on without having to use mod managers and without any issues? This question obviously doesn't apply to games that receive updates, mostly I am asking about Fallout NV. This might seem like a stupid question for some I would guess, but going back to Fallout games for me is like traveling through hell before I can actually play the game. Thanks!

Every ten days?

I've had Oblivion installed for YEARS with the same mods.

i have to ask why you are forced to redo your mods every few days? no mod manager will one day randomly undo all its done, so what are you doing that breaks your mods, and why don't you stop doing it?

Eyy, so I've been wondering about one thing for a while now. I have had so many troubles with modding Fallout games, it is like torture going back again and again to mod the same game for another 10 days until it decides to come up with millions of compatibility issues and whatnot. So I was thinking, after my game is ready, working, and modded the way I wanted it to be modded, can I simply backup the entire directory and then simply paste it on top of a freshly installed game directory later on without having to use mod managers and without any issues? This question obviously doesn't apply to games that receive updates, mostly I am asking about Fallout NV. This might seem like a stupid question for some I would guess, but going back to Fallout games for me is like traveling through hell before I can actually play the game. Thanks!

Every ten days?

I've had Oblivion installed for YEARS with the same mods.

I don't redo it for no reason, I download a ton of mods, 200-300, it just ultimately becomes a mess if I make one small mistake, and since I'd rather just not play than make a backup after every single mod gets installed, I look for the problem and try to fix it. I have enough experience with Fallout Edit and Geck/Creation Kit to do so, sometimes it's just the fact that it's like looking for a pin in a haystack that I give up and move on. Thing is I really love Fallout games, but not in their vanilla state, so I come back to modding them from time to time (That being every year or so) at an attempt to actually finish what I've wanted to finish last time I have attempted this. I do learn a lot during all of these attempts. Sometimes I end up editing and tweaking many of the mods that I download, and sometimes I even make my own. Although, at least once I would love to actually fully complete this game with the set of mods that I want to have running, which unfortunately requires a lot of time to make them work together.