Can this "Hide" files or plugins?

nymaen

MO2 has a very nice feature where I can "hide" some plugins or files from the game. This leaves the file in place, but with a special extension so that the game cannot consume the file.

Is there an equivalent feature in Vortex?

Guest deleted34304850

you could try to disable and then filter only on ENABLED mods for the game. this would show you only those mods that are truly enabled in your game of choice.

of course, you may not want to disable mid-play through, but if you were starting a new game and decided that in that new game, you did not want to play with mod x installed as part of that play through, you could disable mod x and you'd be good.

Plugins are trivial, just disable on plugin-tab. For non-conflicting files on the other hand where are no hiding of files inside Vortex.

As a work around disable mod in Vortex, make sure deploy. Right click mod and open the mods folder. Use file explorer to delete or rename whatever files you want. When finisher, enable mod again.

Plugins are trivial, just disable on plugin-tab. For non-conflicting files on the other hand where are no hiding of files inside Vortex.

As a work around disable mod in Vortex, make sure deploy. Right click mod and open the mods folder. Use file explorer to delete or rename whatever files you want. When finisher, enable mod again.

Asking for a feature that would on the surface alone help with keeping your plugin order more tidy in itself doesn't make plugins "trivial"

And, anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Bethesda games load your plugins regardless of whether or not they're "active" - the technical aspects of this I will not pretend to know, however this is far from a "trivial" feature so please do not demean someone else asking for something that is definitely not trivial.

And, anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Bethesda games load your plugins regardless of whether or not they're "active" - the technical aspects of this I will not pretend to know, however this is far from a "trivial" feature so please do not demean someone else asking for something that is definitely not trivial.

OK, you asked, so here it goes.

Bethesda games don't load plugins if they're deactivated, that's the whole purpose of Bethesda's Game Launcher, is to see which plugins are active and which ones aren't.

If a plugin is deactivated, then the deactivated ESP won't reference and redirect the game to use any corresponding BSA, or BA2 and show them in the game.

I have plenty of deactivated plugins in my load order that I only use for testing purposes, which I then deactivate to play my game.

Hence the terms "Activated" and "Deactivated" being used in relation to plugins and the ability to activate/deactivate them in the default game launcher.

As far as making your plugin list more tidy, just use the STATUS Filter drop down.

I assumed you've used this?

Vortex-Status-Filter.jpg

To filter your plugin list like this

Vortex-Enabled-Plugins.jpg

And this?

Vortex-Disabled-Plugins.jpg

however this is far from a "trivial" feature so please do not demean someone else asking for something that is definitely not trivial.ÃÂ

As anyone that has tried loading a save after disabling a plugin has experienced, you'll get a message about missing plugin, clearly showing the game does not load disabled plugins. Coupled with the filtering options on plugin-tab as described in another post handling plugins are very simple so at least to me 'trivial' seems fairly accurate.

Note, this is with Skyrim, it's possible older games like Morrowind does have problems if too many plugins are present, even if disabled.

The non-trivial part is any other files, since you can't disable these in Vortex.

Edited by Rattledagger

however this is far from a "trivial" feature so please do not demean someone else asking for something that is definitely not trivial.ÃÂ

As anyone that has tried loading a save after disabling a plugin has experienced, you'll get a message about missing plugin, clearly showing the game does not load disabled plugins. Coupled with the filtering options on plugin-tab as described in another post handling plugins are very simple so at least to me 'trivial' seems fairly accurate.

Note, this is with Skyrim, it's possible older games like Morrowind does have problems if too many plugins are present, even if disabled.

The non-trivial part is any other files, since you can't disable these in Vortex.

OK, you asked, so here it goes.

Bethesda games don't load plugins if they're deactivated, that's the whole purpose of Bethesda's Game Launcher, is to see which plugins are active and which ones aren't.

If a plugin is deactivated, then the deactivated ESP won't reference and redirect the game to use any corresponding BSA, or BA2 and show them in the game.

I have plenty of deactivated plugins in my load order that I only use for testing purposes, which I then deactivate to play my game.

Hence the terms "Activated" and "Deactivated" being used in relation to plugins and the ability to activate/deactivate them in the default game launcher.

As far as making your plugin list more tidy, just use the STATUS Filter drop down.

Funny, doesn't Wrye Bash have this feature called "ghosting" ?

Wrye Bash "ghosts" a plugin if it has been merged into the bashed patch and there's no need for the ESP

From another forum about Ghosting

I think you're misunderstanding what ghosting is.

It does allow mods to be included in the bashed patch. If it's specifically a patch mod and deactivated afterward, ghosting it removes it from the total esm/esp limit in the Data folder. It is not for hiding mods.

If you don't want a mod included in the bashed patch, it shouldn't be checked in the first place.

Looking it up, apparently where's a problem if you've got more than 508 total plugins, even if most of them are disabled, in Skyrim (no idea if bug still present in SSE).

Now why you'll need over 250+ disabled plugins unless you've just merged most of them I've little idea. The only other guess is you've downloaded 250+ mods through Steam and don't want to use any of them in current game. If it's Steam-mods, adding them to Vortex as mods would be my choice, since in this case you could disable the mods and not the plugins.

In any case, as a work-around for the 508+ total plugin-bug in Skyrim, download the mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19556/?tab=description (needs SKSE).

You can also report this as a bug or feature-request in Vortex, to get Vortex to handle more than 508+ plugins in cases where over 250+ is disabled.

• 1 year later...

A lot of trolls on this forum so I'm going to reiterate the original poster's question because I don't think you guys understand WHY he's asking:

He has a lot of esp's loaded because he's likely doing a large bundle guide like Lexy's LOTD mod/merge guide, and he's looking for something similar to plugin "MERGE PLUGINS HIDE" plugin for MO2 that allows you to load up a ton of plugins slated for zEdit merging, and have MO2 automatically disable (hide) those plugins that once they've been merged and made redundant.

When merging massive amounts of mods (like I do) you'll want ever little quality-of-life advantage you can get when setting up complex profiles for the purpose of different functionality--- now that you guy understand the WHY, let's go back to the original question... because I also want to know the answer..

Does Vortex have a plugin/addon that will allow us to auto-disable specific .esp files (not the mod itself), sort of like the above "Merge Plugins Hide" plugin for MO2 does.

If not, then we should petition to add rule-based functionality for auto-disabling/enabling esp files based on a criteria.