⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Vortex Freezes (Deployment/Changing Directories...)

Kallale

So I have a bit of a problem. I used Vortex on my previous PC without problem, however after moving to a new PC I can't seem to do anything. My new PC has 2 drives, An SSD for the OS and a conventional HDD for games and documents.

I installed Vortex to the HDD and loaded it up. I set the directories to search for games, it found them ok.

However this is where the problems start. As soon as I try to activate any of them it gets stuck on "Starting Deployment" and won't do anything, no matter how long I leave it (eventually CPU activity dies to 0% in task manager, though it doesn't stop responding). Strange thing is this only happens when I accept the UAC warning from window that pops up. If I deny it, it works and continues on to manage the game...

Now for the second problem... After the game is "managed" I try to change the Mod Staging Folder. I don't want this on my SSD or in my AppData folder if I can help it, I'd prefer it in a staging folder I set up on my HDD. I select the destination to change to (being a folder on my other drive and NOT the Vortex Installation folder) and it freezes like it did with the deployment previously. I get a window pop up saying "Moving" but the progress bar doesn't fill up, the window doesn't disappear and I have to force close Vortex without it saving my change. This freeze occurs regardless of accepting or denying the following UAC prompt.

Edit: It also freezes on trying to deploy mods after downloading and installing them...

I tried

-disabling UAC controls temporarily.

-reinstalling Vortex (removing all the related registries and remaining files)

-installing Vortex on the SDD

-forcing admin mode (despite the warning) and compatibility modes

-I also tried installing some previous versions I had stored on my old HDD

Would appreciate any help getting this to work, otherwise I may just have to give up and go to another manager. :sad:

Edited by Kallale

Yeah that's why I tried disabling the UAC, but it still persisted. Nothing is different about the account afaik. Both are same OS and should have the same settings. My account is the only one on the PC and is an admin account. Permissions show that my account, the systems account and the admin account all have full control over both the AppData folder on my OS drive and the folders on the game drive.