Star Wars: The Old Republic Is Going Free-To-Play This Fall

JimboUK

The limits on free players suck almost as much as Lord of the Rings Online. I'll give it a skip.

I think I am in the same boat. I don't know whether or not the f2p content is going to be nerfed really hard though. The limits sound pretty crap though.

That would make no difference, from memory you need to have a certain warzone rank to equip War Hero.

With that in mind, I hope they do add an item mall selling war hero, just to see the pay-to-win guys faces when they blow real money to win... ...and don't win(for once) Who knows, it might make them actually do some hard work for once, Lazies!

No you dont need a WZ rank to equip the War Hero, Except for The War Hero (Modable)Armors the Orange ones requires 70 Valor Rank to be able to craft augmented gear which they made it useless since they introduced the new crafting tables in update 1.3(you can augment all of your gear) but you can get the (Unique)Version of this Armor by trading your Battlemaster to War Hero so, Yes its going to be a pay to win system soon...Thats what bothers me.

And to top it all up those Limits on the F2P can easily be unlocked with Cartel Coins if i read it right on their Forums at swtor.com you get the Coins every month for FREE.http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

I'll try this when it's f2p. I may pay for premium content, if it's good and actually has players in it. From the Youtube videos it looks a lot like every other mmo on the planet, but it's Star Wars and you can't really beat free to play. Then again, if Dark Souls pans out well I probably wouldn't want to play an mmo anyway. Why can't anyone make a good new Star Wars game? Battlefront 3 is cancelled, I beat The Force Unleashed in 8 hours and the TFU2 in 6 hours, KOTOR won't run without freezing for me on Windows 7, and TOR is a WoW clone. What's left?

(I'm not blaming the devs for KOTOR freezing on Windows 7, btw. I'm just saying that I obviously can't play it.)

I'm blaming LA for being idiots (they are the ones who decide what SW games will be made and "canon" walkthroughs). They don't want Battlefront 3, Kotor 2 was like antichrist for Lucas, so they canned Kotor 3 and gave a subpar book which ruined everything and TFU was bad. Like, I'm okay that TOR is f2p but I'm annoyed that there will never be a Kotor 3.

Kotor 3 and a new JA is all I wanted LA, why do you not care?

I'm blaming LA for being idiots

You'd have to go further back than that... Try Starwars Ep 1 and the thing that nobody needed or wanted an explanation for, but was instead given a totally half-assed explanation that was instantly cannon and which paints the entire franchise in a dim and possibly greenish light.

Or maybe before that and their handling of the Indiana Jones franchise... Which is all but dead at this point.

But that's what happens when your company focuses only on making money, and not really spending the effort to remain creative. In the 80's and 90's, LA was doing all sorts of things, building franchises, making games, developing cannon... All they've done since then is slowly kill it off and milk their one remaining cash cow.

You'd have to go further back than that... Try Starwars Ep 1 and the thing that nobody needed or wanted an explanation for, but was instead given a totally half-assed explanation that was instantly cannon and which paints the entire franchise in a dim and possibly greenish light.

Or maybe before that and their handling of the Indiana Jones franchise... Which is all but dead at this point.

But that's what happens when your company focuses only on making money, and not really spending the effort to remain creative. In the 80's and 90's, LA was doing all sorts of things, building franchises, making games, developing cannon... All they've done since then is slowly kill it off and milk their one remaining cash cow.

What George Lucas needs is people around him that will tell him when he's making a mistake or when something is garbage. I watched the making of Episode One and you could see the faces of those around him, they knew things weren't right yet none had the guts to tell him. They showed Lucas and co watching the post production film for the first time, again the looks on the faces said it all yet the sycophants still applauded and patted him on the back, that said he didn't look too happy with things, maybe he realised how bad it was.

but without those movies we would have never got this movie review and you dont wanna live in that world! i say 3 more movies so we can get 3 more 60+ minute redletter reviews!!!

warning it has bad words.

Edited by hector530

Oh, yes I remember. I still hate Lucas for "fixing" the original trilogy.

but without those movies we would have never got this movie review and you dont wanna live in that world! i say 3 more movies so we can get 3 more 60+ minute redletter reviews!!!

warning it has bad words.

I've seen those before, absolutely brilliant. :thumbsup: