How Good Is This Computer?

HeirApparent

I came.

On a serious note, my only suggestions would be to drop the water-cooling, make it a two-way SLI, and get yourself an Intel processor instead.

QFT

I have an AMD on my desktop and am happy with it . However if I was dropping grands on a PC like the OP ia, I would be getting an intel no question about it.

I was thinking about getting an Antec Cooler for the new Intel i7 I just bought. Seems senseless unless I want to really cook the CPU on the high end. I found out a 120 GB SSD for a notebook can be used for gamers Desktop with the adapting cables and a specially designed mounting bracket. Keep the HDD for a storage and I hope what they say is true, "The SSD will really make a difference in game load speeds."

Thanks Vagrant0

From experience any ssd can make any processor run 50% faster then it would on conventional drives. Especially with higher end 6 to 8 core cpu's, me i have remarkable 1 to 2 sec load times on a ssd with my 1100T overclocked to 3.8ghz standard stock turbo.. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif Edited by Thor.

With a $2400 budget you are making a mistake going with the AMD bulldozer chipset. That is a performance budget, which demands a performance CPU, and right now AMD isn't making performance CPUs. You should go with this CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116501

Blows the doors off anything AMD at the moment.

And you don't really need tri-sli. That will be 1 less GPU in your case raising the case temp. Which will be a problem unless you watercool everything, and if you did that you would be looking at a $3500 rig.

Edited by Beriallord

Trust me, dude. Get an i7. Very zippy. Just one i7 could handle just about any game in the market as of right now. You have to know how to handle the computer properly to get those high-end speeds out of it. My laptop can run Skyrim with only a dual core pentium inside and the HORRIBLE "intel hd graphics family" gpu chipset. You have to keep your computer clean and defragged if you want to eliminate lag. My advice, from a computer geek to a gamer, is to use a 512gb SSD for boot, and have a 1 or 2 tb storage drive inside as well. Install heavy programs and games to the SSD, such as 3ds Max or Skyrim, but place all your crap in the HDD(s). Don't get the 16gb of ram. Instead, save some cash by getting 8 and changing your paging files to use 12gb on each drive. It'll be faster like that anyways. You only need MAYBE 1gb of graphical ram to run pretty much any game at top settings, so 2gb would keep you running fine for a few years at least. Disable most startup services, such as steam and skype, unless you really need them. They might seem inconsequential, but easily nets you another 5 fps, on the level youre computer is at, 20 fps on my level. Steam is a cpu hog. It causes my cpu to flunctuate about .4ghz of processing power higher just running in the background. In the foreground, it eats up about .7ghz of cpu. For a real boost to performance, try disconnecting from the internet and disabling antivirus when you play games.

If you do all of that, having quad core i7s and those graphics cards, you could run Skyrim on ultra, with an ENB, and have loading times range from .5 to 2 seconds, with fps running at a steady 55 to 65 while running Warzones and being in the middle of a 200 person battle.

Edited by androidmaster