Equivalent to tdt from Oblivion - Zooming in Geck

yojeff

In Oblivion, I would often use tdt (in the console) to check the packages of the NPC. Is there a similar command in Fallout 3?

In the Geck, I have problems when I zoom in with the scroll button. Often, it zooms too much, going from the ceiling to under the floor. Is there a way to change that?

Thanks!

No way to check that directly with the console for packages. But scripting commands once executed by some means in game will return the package or procedure with "GetCurrentAIPackage" and "GetCurrentAIProcedure" Which you could hook up an activatable item or hotkey , to run those for you for what is testing purposes I presume ?

Also if you are having problems with package changes ... make sure you toggle archive invalidation when launching the game after making changes in geck.

It should clear up quirky behavior you may be seeing after multiple edits to fine tune your intended render vision.

For zooming in geck ... do you mean the mouse wheel is to heavy handed ? In which case ... hold down the " V " key and move the mouse to zoom.

It is slower moving , plus you can adjust the mouse acceleration in preferences for those really fine tune moments needed . Same place for rotation and snap to grid.

Thanks,

Reactivating the file fixed the issue, I was just surprised that the commands std and tdt weren't available.

For the zooming, often, one "bit" on the scroll button will zoom from the top of a room to under the floor, which is frustating. I then move the camera around and eventually, I get what I want.

Zooming: 1) under Preferences -> Movement find Zoom Speed.

You may also need to change your mouse wheel in the Windows Control Panel, which seems to default to 3 lines of text. I don't know for sure if this effects zoom speed in the GECK tho.

Thanks,

Reactivating the file fixed the issue,

You mean Reactivating Archive Invalidation ? yes that is what I meant to toggle it ... Turn off then On

I was just surprised that the commands std and tdt weren't available.

Sorry not familiar with those , but seems they have been removed from the old engine vs.

For the zooming, often, one "bit" on the scroll button will zoom from the top of a room to under the floor, which is frustating. I then move the camera around and eventually, I get what I want.

Are you saying you didn't try holding the "V" key ? Cuz it works for slower zoom without having to adjust preferences ... you have 2 zoom tools.

@GamerRick Thanks for the clarification :)