Tutorials WITHOUT "youtoob"

Allannaa

@Kiwi-Hawk

It should give you the circlet & the message you wrote about discovering a circlet. Might be that the OnInit event did not run for some reason. If I could run the game, I'd test it out myself to see what is happening. At this point I'm stumped. Sorry.

@Nevarakka

I have no experience with the FO3 Archive utility. What exactly are you trying to do with it?

If it is to extract content from BSA files, I use BSAopt available here on the SkyrimNexus.

If it is to make an archive, I use Archive.exe the external archive maker that came with the Creation Kit.

Looking for a Meticulous "Step-by-specific-step" instruction on modding, specifically Armor & clothing textures.

Truth be told, I am not a modder and have little experience in the area.

I searched for tutorials (on wikis, blogs and even here and on wiki.nexus), but found

that more often than not, these tutorials were either way over my head, omitted

crucial steps ,or assumed that their audience already knew how to do stuff that I didn't.

That being said, I need instructions on modding ( a tutorial written in meticulous detail),

that's meant for noobs/ mortals/ non-modders. Where -short of going blind- I cannot possibly fail to mod something.

I have the time and the resources to do modding (and am willing to accept reasonable mod requests).

I just need the proper, detailed instruction.

Any references would be greatly appreciated.

I can't get FO3 Archive Utility to work. Does anyone know how I set up the short cut and run it? In my file there doesn't seem to be an app. I'm really confused.

I'm currently trying to export a skeleton so I may rig my custom character to it.

@wetterimage2

I'm in the same boat as you in that regard. Clueless and in need of a very detailed walkthrough. Most people point to videos but I find those very hard to learn from and very hard to see.

@Nevarakka

Sorry, can't help you. Hopefully someone who knows will see and answer. Come to think of it, you might want to ask in the FO3 forums. It's a long shot but I think FO3 users might know how to use that tool. :P

@wetterimage2

I'm in the same boat as you in that regard. Clueless and in need of a very detailed walkthrough. Most people point to videos but I find those very hard to learn from and very hard to see.

@Nevarakka

Sorry, can't help you. Hopefully someone who knows will see and answer. Come to think of it, you might want to ask in the FO3 forums. It's a long shot but I think FO3 users might know how to use that tool. :tongue:

I'm not able to do it with your BSA tool?

All the BSAopt tool does is extract the contents of the selected BSA file. Since I have no knowledge of skeletons, rigging or the FO3 tool, I cannot be of any help.

If you use some other program to access the skeleton once it has been extracted from the bsa, then yes you can use BSAopt for the extraction process. But the rest, color me clueless.

@Kiwi-Hawk

It should give you the circlet & the message you wrote about discovering a circlet. Might be that the OnInit event did not run for some reason. If I could run the game, I'd test it out myself to see what is happening. At this point I'm stumped. Sorry.

I thank you very very much for your time effort in helping me with this wee project.

I did fall into a bit of a trap while do the PlayerAlias and did not link the items, I have now done so but have to go back and

double check thing as I went to bed leaving my machine compiling scripts (to be sure I said check All in the list, that take a while right, a long long while) anyway Microsoft Update in their wisdom decide to shut down my system, closing down GeoControl< CK and the command line window I was using for TESAnnywn. So thanks to their bull I'm staring over a lot and trying to get back to where I was. For me leaving thing where I was at the point of use helps me keep track of what I'm doing, just seeing a window at the point its at pops that work flow to mind

Anyway nough rambling thanks again for your efforts, bless you

BTW

if I put the Masks in a chest to access them from a test room this should work right?

I was using a level 1 test Char not sure if that effect the results

Edit:

I went over everything double check the linking and recompile the script

and when I take the masks from the chest, nothing