Irony Defined

StayFrosty05

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come I never ever met a challenger? 0_o Roughly 600 hours of gameplay, archmage on both characters, although neither or 'em is a mage.

Well, not very ironic, but here it goes:

House carls when you enter your home: Are you lost, stranger? / I hope you are not planning any trouble.

Dark Brotherhood assassination of the Imperial guy (Gaius?).

Stalked him in Solitude, picked my spot. Took him out at range, undetected by guards (and unhindered by the fact the guards also tried to kill him when he draws his sword after my first arrow hits). Clean kill.

Just starting to sneak back out of town down my pre-planned route, happy with a job well done. Guards are still looking, but they are not going to find me. Smugly happy with my ghost like killer, master of shadows type skills.

Veezara appears, because I "might need some help". All hell breaks loose.

Nice one, thanks for that.

Irony is a merchant insult his own outfit:

Taarie:"If you're heading to the blue palace, you might want to rethink these old rags."

I was wearing Radiant Raiment Fine Clothes when she said that.

That's because everything they sell you is old rags. (Yes, even the Fine clothes, including the ones you wear to impress Elisif. That was a practical joke - they thought it was hilarious.)

Basically, they take one look at your attire and decide you obviously can't afford the good stuff, so instead they just let you rummage through whatever trash they happened to have laying around that they were going to throw away anyway. The only clothes that are up to their standards are the ones they themselves sell, which you can of course never buy because you don't dress to their standards.

And that, my friend, is irony.

How come I never ever met a challenger? 0_o Roughly 600 hours of gameplay, archmage on both characters, although neither or 'em is a mage.

Well, not very ironic, but here it goes:

House carls when you enter your home: Are you lost, stranger? / I hope you are not planning any trouble.

That is one thing I've hated for a long time. I spent a long time trying to find the dialogue so I could delete it, but never could figure out where they put it. I hate it when they act like they don't know you and it's not your house.

Irony is a merchant insult his own outfit:

Taarie:"If you're heading to the blue palace, you might want to rethink these old rags."

I was wearing Radiant Raiment Fine Clothes when she said that.

That's because everything they sell you is old rags. (Yes, even the Fine clothes, including the ones you wear to impress Elisif. That was a practical joke - they thought it was hilarious.)

Basically, they take one look at your attire and decide you obviously can't afford the good stuff, so instead they just let you rummage through whatever trash they happened to have laying around that they were going to throw away anyway. The only clothes that are up to their standards are the ones they themselves sell, which you can of course never buy because you don't dress to their standards.

And that, my friend, is irony.

Really? Well, now I'm gonna have a "Dialogue" with them. :devil: