Muskets DO fit in Skyrim!!!

darkofan

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is highly unlikely that with all the alchemists around, nobody would've discovered black powder yet, or a derivate or a substitute.

It's explosive properties, a high packed punch in such a small size would've been of great tool for assassinations. Not everyone has an affinity for magick, or the desire to study it, even more as alchemy is thought of as an assassin's skill.

Also, knowledge and information seems to spread rather fast in Skyrim, so I'm sure somewhere someone would experiment with black powder in destructive ways somehow ending up to the concept of using it to launch projectiles.

Also, the tech behind the idea doesn't even have to be complete or perfectly functional, as magic and enchanting could help the device get to the functional point.

So I don't see any reason for a musket prototype to be out of lore.

It is highly unlikely that with all the alchemists around, nobody would've discovered black powder yet, or a derivate or a substitute.

if you read up (or the wiki) you will see that the redguard have gunpowder already.

So I don't see any reason for a musket prototype to be out of lore.

this thread is not for talking about lore. please keep it to a minimum

Personal Update.

i am taking a short holiday for a few days, im get back to the forums and your mods when i return home,

Thanks for holding on guys

Blade

Hey when you get back I need to run a couple things by with you

friday evening GMT

When you get the chance i have a couple files i need to send to you

IMO, people who say things such as guns do not fit in Skyrim are ignorant.

So you people people know guns have been around since the 1100's. The technology around the time was very similar to what you would find in Skyrim. So take that!!

Technically the first guns were not actually guns, they were cannons, the difference is in the fireing mechanism, but i agree with ones like in assassins creed revlations, the ones that arnt really gun shaped, they are completly straight with no real stock, and they would also have to be match lock.

BUT!!

as there are the dwemer, and already dwemer gun mods, its possible to have flintlock tech, but it would have to be dwemer.

and the reason people dont think they fit in, is becasue in a world of magic its possible to bypass the gun completely, and before bows get drawn in to that statement, a bow is cheaper to make than a gun.... not now adays... but it was... (you know as even traditional English long bows are exactly cheap, as few people make them (properly)).

You know what is reeeally boring when it comes to *cough* "advanced" *cough* technology in Skyrim? Most people follow this pattern:

Advanced technology? DWEMER! ... and make it yellow

Come on. The best compromise would be to invent a brooonze Dwemer time/dimesion travel machine to travel to our dimension to get your hands on stuff like that :D

Or in worst case, to avoid Dwemer, you could add something like that:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/Hakenb%C3%BCchsen_geschmiedet_16._Jh.jpg

Or just a pipe and use a torch instead of a flintlock :D

Edited by ghosu

to be honest i would say a musket not so much but an early 15-16 century blunderbuss or handcannon would def fit but i would make them dwemer style only, emember it is a fantasy game anything is possible as long as it fits somewhat into the possibilities of the lore, but if i want guns ill play fallout they def fit a little better