Muskets DO fit in Skyrim!!!

darkofan

@RxHipster;

Yes I think so too, if it was to be a Nord invention, it would be rough and basic device like the hand cannon. And well, the 3d models are no problem, I am already crafting a model of a XV century Arquebus for this project.

@Alusinic;

If it comes to that, then I would provide the outfits as well. But we will most likely introduce them as innovative weapons only nobles and merchants would carry, as well as the occasional sellsword who killed to get it. It would take a few decades [if not centuries] before they would be common and abundant enough as to be issued to normal city guards.

Edited by Montbello Knight

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Alusinic;

If it comes to that, then I would provide the outfits as well. But we will most likely introduce them as innovative weapons only nobles and merchants would carry, as well as the occasional sellsword who killed to get it. It would take a few decades [if not centuries] before they would be common and abundant enough as to be issued to normal city guards.

Ah ok, well if you go by the idea you have though (this is just my opinion) would you arm the imperial troops (well at least a little of them) since it would be more that they(the nobles) would need a heavy financier to back the development of the weapons since a noble alone could possibly go bankrupt on just one so they asked the empire to help pay for it which allowed the empire to access the design to equip their troops.

Or if i got the idea mixed up...

The empire is making the weapons for their nobles and troops and the skyrim nobles wanting some purchased them from the empire. which the empire could send a battalion or two to skyrim to help the normal troops out.

IMO, people who say things such as guns do not fit in Skyrim are ignorant.

So you people people know guns have been around since the 1100's. The technology around the time was very similar to what you would find in Skyrim. So take that!!

Yep. They were around, in China. Not too many vikings in China though.

On top of that, those guns are nowhere near comparable to a rifle yet. You still had to wait seven hundred years for that, so any hope of accuracy on your weapon goes out the window. The only thing it could do was make a loud bang, which was terrifying to people at the time. Of course, for a people fighting dragons and used to magic, this would be less of a problem.

Please don't call people ignorant before you've thought things through...

Other than that, you can put in Skyrim whatever you want, but don't bemoan people who choose to stick to lore. If you want the freedom to add things to Skyrim, you have to respect that there are people who won't want it. Which actually makes me wonder, what do these people even have to do with what YOU want in your Skyrim?

ok, you guys that have ideas about the story line, please PM me a Skype or something so we can talk faster and easier. id rather Skype with a microphone so we can go over all the details with you

i will mix everyone together and we can brain storm ideas

NOTE:- FOR SECURITY IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YEARS OLD PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME ANY EMAIL ADDRESSES OR OTHER CONTACT INFO, I WILL SPEAK TO YOU ON HERE FOR YOUR SAFETY AND MINE

@Alusinic;

what do we think about giving them to the jarls personal guards (or at least the warmongering jarls) so its there and beginning to be noticed (but obvious its still quite secret like the good old blades)

Ok if you give the jarls guards guns (well the closes ones next to them) you might want to design musket pistols for them (considering load time and aiming) or add a bayonet to the end of the rifles so as to use them as a spear and such Edited by Alusinic

ok me and a friend have been going over all the lore and have come up with a way to fit the musket in the game, were already starting to write books for in the game so you can find them on bookshelves and in chests and in peoples homes. the book explains the origin if the musket and why it was produced and also how.

though i need someone that can either mesh and texture a stone house(if i find a suitable area) or re model landscapes like the rocks behind a waterfall.

the reason for this is currently secret but the quest will explain all.

the lore does allow guns and with an extreme amount of luck haha, the content of this mod may well be added to the lore, as once TES VI comes out we will be modding that to continue this and keep the lore going :D

From a strategic and gameplay sense the stage has already been largely set for simple guns, for the most part this is the role the crossbow fills. It's expensive, slow, powerful, heavy, technically complex and it punches through armor. I don't see what would be so crazy about a gun, which would possess all those features only yet moreso. Probably, like the recent crossbow designs, this would be an experiment carried out by a single genius, a scholar of Dwemer technology. Maybe in the end the device is deemed too volatile, delicate, and/or expensive for widespread military use.

But that doesn't mean you can't shoot some fools in the face in the meantime.

Edited by Cleaner82

The other advantage of my Hand-cannon design/idea it that a script could be made so when the Hand-cannon firearm is crafted/purchased/scavenged a second melee version could be added as most of these weapons had a warring spike on the underside so the weapon wasn't just dead weight after firing.