Muskets DO fit in Skyrim!!!

darkofan

It is lore friendly, only as long as they make the rifles with a Skyrim look, like with a dragon bone, or something u find in the dwarven mines. make it look dwarven or something from the skyrim lore, then it will be fine:) anyone who says otherwise is an idiot, and is just seeking a sense of self superiority.U could make it a dwarven rifle, and have a magic sound when u fire, not gunpowder. then bam, u have your gun.

there already is a dwarven rifle rifle, I want a regular looking flintlock or matchlock musket. It makes sense that the technology for a gun would be dwarven, but does it make sense that when the people of modern skyrim recreate it that they would make it look dwarven every time? No that doesn't make sense. I'm not seeking any sense of self superiority, and the fact that you said that says that you are in more than one way. And when you say someone is an idiot give a reason why otherwise you just sound like an idiot, which you did a terribly good job of in the above comment. You sounded like an idiot because you stated opinions as facts and gave no reasoning or backing to them. And gunpowder could easily be made with all the alchemists at work in skyrim. You would have also seen what you posted already on this thread if you bothered to read all of it.

thanks for your interest in my posts. Your assumptions have been noted.

do you think you're cool or smart or something? You used the word assumption wrong and I can tell you're desperate for attention wheather you know it or not. Please if you're going to post, post somthing constructive or productive. You are leages behind my knowlege and wisdom, you will never reach me, now please... learn something.

saying I am behind u,before knowing me, is a lack of wisdom in itself. second grammar is irreverent, so long as its meaning is clear. Tho a man walks a thousand years in a desert, it offers little. friend, I am not here to debate and or contend with u, however if u wish to, I will contend:) began

Edited by raidon18

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, this is like reading a transcript of kids playing Xbox Live. Just because someone disagrees with your opinion there is no need to insult them. This is supposed to be a community where people treat one another with mutual respect. Something that is severely lacking in this thread. :rolleyes:

You want guns? Fine. Knock yourself out. If that is your idea of how YOUR game should be then more power to you.

But to insult those of us who don't feel guns fit into our vision of Skyrim is beyond ridiculous and extremely childish. The "you don't like what I do so you are an idiot" is an argument most of us dropped before kindergarten.

In the end isn't that why we are all here? To customize our games exactly the way we want them to be? So you play your way and I will play mine. No need to be so rude about it. Try showing a little respect for others with differing views. I see a lot of mods on here I would never dream of using but I would never stoop to insulting the people who do.

Edited by Staind716

Lol, this is like reading a transcript of kids playing Xbox Live. Just because someone disagrees with your opinion there is no need to insult them. This is supposed to be a community where people treat one another with mutual respect. Something that is severely lacking in this thread. :rolleyes:

You want guns? Fine. Knock yourself out. If that is your idea of how YOUR game should be then more power to you.

But to insult those of us who don't feel guns fit into our vision of Skyrim is beyond ridiculous and extremely childish. The "you don't like what I do so you are an idiot" is an argument most of us dropped before kindergarten.

In the end isn't that why we are all here? To customize our games exactly the way we want them to be? So you play your way and I will play mine. No need to be so rude about it. Try showing a little respect for others with differing views. I see a lot of mods on here I would never dream of using but I would never stoop to insulting the people who do.

Well said sir.

ok... it's obvious that the animations for the crossbow, now in Skyrim, are perfect for rifles. But for some reason everyone is against the idea. They say it's un-lorish or that it would ruin the game, or "it's Skyrim not fable." Personally fable 2 is my favorite fable, and having musket rifles would also just make the game way more fun for someone who doesn't like using magic (me).

And now for the fools who say that it's "not lore friendly" D'X or that it doesn't fit in with the medieval style of the game... you're wrong. If you take a look at 90% of all the architecture in the game (not including ruins) you'll find that it's way more renaissance style than it is medieval WAY MORE! so to me it's un-lorish to be walking around in a full suit of extremely decorated and unrealistic looking armor with an unrealistically giant battle-axe on my back through a town that's more fitting to Shakespeare.

If someone could not only make the rifles but also the armour/clothing shown in the videos that would be amazing, THANKS!

But it isn't. Magic has supplanted the invention of firearms because people have literal fire arms. Just use a crossbow and bow/arrow like everybody else ya damn milk drinker.

Moderator warning

You can ask for anything you want. In fact, you can make any mod you are capable of and if it doesn't violate any SITE rules we will allow it. However, there are NO rules on what can be put in the game by a user. NONE. We have banned for excessive lore mongering and demands that particular kinds of mods not be made because they didn't fit some one's preconceived concept of how the game should be played by other people.

This is a single player game - That means you play the game the way you want to and allow others to play the way they want to If they want a musket, and can find one - that in no way affects your game. If you don't want a musket then don't download one, that in no way affects either your or their game - you can both have what you want. Their wanting something you don't does not invalidate your game any more than you wanting something they don't invalidates theirs.

BTW: If you feel the need to berate someone over their spelling or grammar - be VERY careful with your own. :tongue:

ok... it's obvious that the animations for the crossbow, now in Skyrim, are perfect for rifles. But for some reason everyone is against the idea. They say it's un-lorish or that it would ruin the game, or "it's Skyrim not fable." Personally fable 2 is my favorite fable, and having musket rifles would also just make the game way more fun for someone who doesn't like using magic (me).

And now for the fools who say that it's "not lore friendly" D'X or that it doesn't fit in with the medieval style of the game... you're wrong. If you take a look at 90% of all the architecture in the game (not including ruins) you'll find that it's way more renaissance style than it is medieval WAY MORE! so to me it's un-lorish to be walking around in a full suit of extremely decorated and unrealistic looking armor with an unrealistically giant battle-axe on my back through a town that's more fitting to Shakespeare.

It would look and feel so much better if everyone was wearing tricorner hats carrying sabers rapiers muskets and flintlock pistols. And if you think flintlocks are taking it too far then make it a matchlock, whatever. And you don't have to have the whole "stuffing the ball down the barrel" animation the crossbow one is just fine.

And imagine if the imperials were dressed as british redcoats and the the stormcloaks were dressed as the americans of the revolutionary war. Now don't say "oh just get assassin's creed three" or something like that I will get that game but it won't hold my interest as long as an elder scrolls game and the level of detail won't be nearly as great.

And that's another thing, the forks and plates and knives in skyrim along with the abundance of books and other writings are not medieval at all they are purly renaissance not to mention almost all the clothing... And I don't want to hear people saying that "it's a fantasy game it doesn't have to be realistic" I know that idc I want it to be realistic! and yes I know Shakespeare was around long before the american revolution ok don't make comments about that. Someone please just make a musket using the crossbow animations and as a bonus maybe add some clothes and armour from relative time periods and maybe replace the guard, imperial, and stormcloak armor's, thankyou!

ps: the dawngaurd armour is pretty renaissance looking without the helmet, if someone could just make a red and a blue version, of the dawnguard armour WITH SLEEVES and FULL TUNIC, (u know whuch one I'm talking about) and then replace the stormcloak , and imperial armour's with those it would be close enough. Or a retex of the college robes would work. (the ones that are open in front) thanks so much. Please please if u have the models and the skills, make this mod I will be so thankful...

video of matchlock musket http://youtu.be/2KTS8PQ06Qo

video of flintlock musket http://youtu.be/Ho-QCmnNMl8

If someone could not only make the rifles but also the armour/clothing shown in the videos that would be amazing, THANKS!

Actually at the moment there is a simple mod that adds something of a flint lock pistol http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12100

Ok Guys heres what were gonna do!

I BladeRavinger Of the Gaming network Of Testers Creators And Awesome Players am hijacking the thread

SILENCE EVERY ONE its decided that im gonna implement a gun and a storyline and other features based around the guns (perks and stuff)

But first i need a Model, i cant 3D Model tho i can texture if someone gets me a rough guide.

but first of all.

Recruitment, (All Team Members will be credited, the young man that made this thread will also be credited)

I need 2 Modellers (even if i only use 1, both will be in credits)

2 Texturers (same as above)

A Script er (just in case)

A Quest script Writer.

And i think thats it.

Il update as needed all that are interested please PM me and il put you on my list,

Edited by BladerRavinger92

I have just looked through a few of the previous posts.

guys chill out, dont get flared up about stuff, if you want the Musket Mod then stay right here, If not, go away, simple

Dont go mad because you dont like what someone is saying, we all have opinions and here we can all share them

has anyone though of just stretching the pistol mod? implement it over the dwemer rifle mod. You know?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12100 (pistol just shown a second ago)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22894 (dwemer rifle, same)

cant you just stretch the mesh of the pistol or something?