ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Feature Request: Right-click on mod shows Archive Name, and associated ESP and Name

HadToRegister

*CAPS are for emphasis only.

This is actually one small feature I miss from NMM, that was especially helpful...

The ability to right click on a mod and see the name of the associated Archive file (because sometimes the Mod NAME, vs the Archive NAME can be extremely different), AND the associated ESP/Plugin (because a lot of times the Archive Name, AND the Mod NAME, and the esp NAME can be extremely different)

Hypothetical ARCHIVE naming example: "Blue Dresses Mod", and the Archive is named "Blue2", or "DressThing", or "Version 6", or "Hoobastank LOL"

Hypothetical ESP naming example: Archive/Mod is named "Blue Dresses Mod", esp is named "Trying_again.esp", "whoops.esp", "Update.esp", "version_3.esp", "Redrocket.esp", Final.esp", "again.esp" etc...

Because I do a lot of manipulating and editing esps with Xedit or maybe I just want to disable the Plugin for a mod temporarily, not being able to quickly reference the name of the Plugin from the archive from the interface, leads me to open up the Downloads Folder, look through the Archives, find the archive I'm looking for (Which as mentioned earlier, may or may not match the MOD NAME), open up said archive to see what the plugin is actually named, then going back to Vortex to continue what I was doing, OR it leaves me scrolling slowly through the Plugin list hoping the name of the ESP is something I can figure out.

The way I've currently been doing it is to Double Click on the Mod, then click on the Nexus Mod link, then click on FILES on the mod page, then clicking "Preview File Contents"

I hope this could be implemented in the future as this was a very very handy feature that I'd love to see in Vortex.

Thanks for listening

A much simpler solution for you:

Do not use this kind of mods. You will make your life much easier and your gameplay much smoother.

If the person who posted the mod:

a. didn't bother to match the name of the esp with the given name of the archive (as you said "Blue Dresses Mod" and the esp is Blue2.esp) or

b. didn't knew that the name of the esp have to match the name of the archive or

c. ...worse, they did it on purpose...

...why would you bother using that particular bugger?

Is that mod something you can't play without it?

-----------------------------

I got really bored of this kind of mods. On top of what you've said, they also add a generic ReadMe file without even specify (ex.) "Blue Dress ReadMe".

Which ReadMe will be installed, if 2 of these mods have the same generic ReadMe in their archive?

Don't bother my friend. Just dump them into the nearest dumpsite.

If you right-click a mod and choose "open in file explorer", you'll see the name of all plugins the mod contains. The name of the directory you're in is the same as the mod-archive name, unless you've installed the mod multiple times and had to specify the directory manually.

Edit - on plugin tab one of the columns is the name of the mod and while can't check would expect this column is searchable. Meaning, if you know the mod name you can easily find all plugins for the mod.

Edited by Rattledagger