Diablo 2 Lords of Destruction

E3245

Or looking around in those abandoned sharing rooms for uber dropped items, i once was really lucky to find someone had left some insane lv 96 armour just sitting there in town http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif Edited by Thor.

Or looking around in those abandoned sharing rooms for uber dropped items, i once was really lucky to find someone had left some insane lv 96 armour just sitting there in town http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif

Yeah, happened often... The problem is that it sits in your stash for ages until you get sick of it taking up room. Even some of those level 70+ uniques can take forever to get equipped. Sure, you can make a mule character, but transfering stuff is a pain in the ass and you run into the same exact problem soon after.

Hehe but once you've played long enough you know those level 90+ unique items are pointless. Most of the uniques are garbage anyways :P Normally always you are using Enigma (either Dusk Shroud or Archon Plate) and Spirit (Monarch shield). That's why I don't play too much anymore, I know what's the best stuff is for a lot of builds. I play Ladder also, so there's a few runewords you can make on there that you can't on non ladder...and they are epic (Spirit, Insight, Infinity). Edited by Illiad86

• 2 months later...

been playing diablo 2 since before LOD even came out! using proper old school mods for it too :D.....and i still play it to this day, ive had several level 99's and my dads had even more, surprisingly a big part of my childhood was spent sitting watching him slay legions of demons xD between us we've seen almost every unique in the game thats possible to drop lol, and collected them in an infinite shared stash between our characters (we use plugY, an absolutely essential mod for anyone who spends weeks or even months looking for every unique possible :) )

never played it online though, always single player ^^

Edited by tredmillion

been playing diablo 2 since before LOD even came out! using proper old school mods for it too :D.....and i still play it to this day, ive had several level 99's and my dads had even more, surprisingly a big part of my childhood was spent sitting watching him slay legions of demons xD between us we've seen almost every unique in the game thats possible to drop lol, and collected them in an infinite shared stash between our characters (we use plugY, an absolutely essential mod for anyone who spends weeks or even months looking for every unique possible :) )

never played it online though, always single player ^^

I tried a mod once, but it ended up giving me a virus. :(

• 3 weeks later...
im kinda feeling like i wanna play D2 again. ive only ever beat it once. never played online, but i think id like to give it a try. if anyone wants to try and hook up and play i think that would be really fun!

If you are going to play online, play on ladder. Better runewords. I'd also suggest finding friends to play with and play in a password protected game. If it's not, you'll have bots that will fill up your game, spam the crap outa the chat, and leave. It was so bad last year, that I had to keep my finger on the N key (clear chat) at all times because of the amount of bots that would come into the game. Checked my characters a few weeks ago, made a quick game, and had 7 bots enter my game within seconds. :wallbash: So, that hasn't changed. You can put level restrictions, but enough of those d2items guys will make high level bots so they can still spam you. Edited by Illiad86

If you are going to play online, play on ladder. Better runewords. I'd also suggest finding friends to play with and play in a password protected game. If it's not, you'll have bots that will fill up your game, spam the crap outa the chat, and leave. It was so bad last year, that I had to keep my finger on the N key (clear chat) at all times because of the amount of bots that would come into the game. Checked my characters a few weeks ago, made a quick game, and had 7 bots enter my game within seconds. :wallbash: So, that hasn't changed. You can put level restrictions, but enough of those d2items guys will make high level bots so they can still spam you.

i only plan on playing if i can get someone to play with. i get too bored by myself lol. hence only one completion of the game. and i really only wanna play with someone i know (and by know i mean someone i can get in contact with, meaning someone from here lol) so yea. it would be passworded and all that....

idk how much Runewords would come into play. idk if we would get that far/deep in to lol

Runewords are everything, IMO. When you play all the way through instead of rushing or glitch rushing, there are nice low level runewords that add skills and stats. I always was rushed through the game and had my godly items all ready for me :P My boyfriend and I ran through the entire game once, was pretty cool learning some of those runewords. That's why you play on ladder, there's several runewords you cant make in non ladder that help a ton low level.

http://www.planetdiablo.com/expansiond2/items/runes/runeitems.shtml

Check em out.

Pretty much every build uses Enigma (as a Dusk Shroud or Archon Plate), but that requires high runes :P You will use different armour if you want to do PvP of course. I won't go further lol, it was all quite confusing for me for awhile. The only builds I really know how to make is a lightning sorc, ice orb sorc, and hammerdin. I made barb once, but they require some expensive items (EBOTDZ, stuff like that), but it was end of the season for ladder and that's when everything gets insanely expensive. Couldn't afford to make him haha.

Hahah, I could talk D2 for hours. It's like a different language :P Blame my boyfriend, he got me hooked on it 6 years lol. It's just not fun very much to us anymore. Even when we did a run through without rushing, we found a few good items we could trade for some reasonable runes, then it just went nuts from there. Within two weeks, we both had full godly builds...no trading between old characters or anything :P