The Age of the Dragon

Naktis

"And everything has just become a little more awkward," Isabela mumbled, more to herself than anyone.

She had stayed calm and quiet throughout everything so far, observing and ready to act whenever any kind of danger would show up. Actually, screams around Kirkwall were not anything unusual, so she wasn't too worried. But to see the Antivan elf bring a Dalish was something entirely different - especially introducing her as his wife.

"I didn't think you the marriage type," Isabela commented, grabbing one of the bottles of ale that dwarf Hinuf had thought safe in the wagon. She opened it with a plopp and took a sip.

"Isabela, Captain Isabela. Nice to meet you," she greeted the newcomer, bowing lightly rather than giving her her hand. She had tried that once before, when she had first encountered a Dalish, and that was when she had actually not been in bed with one. "It's not like our bunch isn't already weird enough, so welcome aboard. Any idea where the scream came from?"

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lenael smiled, "Gale is my betrothed but by arranged..I'm the next keeper. He was supposed to be my husband but...events split us apart." She explained, seeing Wind's reaction to Isabela finding out about his wife. "I have long since taken a new husband since this man has been the ever wanderer.." She lied, not wanting to impede on his life.

Wind smiled and shrugged. "Long ago our parents arranged our union, i was to be the first of our hunters and she the Keeper...." He said, he clapped his hands and nodded to isabela for the bottle of ale. After this, he needed a drink.

Edited by Macman253

Cyhran laughs

“I never thought that Wind could be finish with his nerves. One learns always something new.”

“Well then I hope you enjoy our company, Lenael.”, he smiles to her.

Cyhran goes back to his place.

Now he can coat some poisons to the blade of his daggers and the tip of his arrow.

Alaila had kept mostly to herself during the travel, hiding in the shadows whenever possible. An option of accompanying the group in the form of a hawk was tempting, but staying on the ground and knowing what's happening ought to be better. Hopefully.

The mage sighed dreamily, watching the woods. Everything was so peaceful, so serene, so- and there go the screams. She stayed quiet, watching Iliadriel resolve the situation. It piqued her mind the sudden appearance of Wind with his 'wife', the mage herself sitting on the ground. A Keeper? A mage, then. At least she won't feel so alone now, for a short while, that is.

"Aneth ara, asha. " she greeted Lenael, politely nodding her head in a sign of acknowledging her presence.

Lenael smiled, "Aneth ara." So few Dalish out alone in the world..." She replied, a loud birds call filled the nearby forest.

She bowed to everyone, "I'm afraid I must leave you all...situations rise." She said and touched Wind on the shoulder lightly as she left.

Wind smiled awkwardly and grabbed a bottle of ale and popped the top with one of his daggers, he downed the ale quickly and threw the bottle aside.

Edited by Macman253

"But ... " Isabela began but never finished. The elf was long gone by the time she took the next breath, stemming her hands against her waist. "She never told me what the scream was about ... unless that was you, upon discovering her," she grinned, pointing at Wind with her half full bottle of ale. "She seems nice though. Pretty, too."

She hopped back on the wagon, just so she would have a clean spot to sit on. She emptied her bottle and put it next to her, not knowing what to do with it, since she didn't just want to throw it into the woods.

"Now ... what should we do about the scream? Should we go look or just take turns keeping watch for the night?"

Wind laughed, Isabela had brought up a good point though. 'It was nothing I saw, when I ran into her I didn't continue looking...The Dalish are known for their...cryptic nature. Its like a requirement to being dalish, Be Cryptic, Frolic with the furry woodland animals and hate humans..." He said with a smile, happier now that she was gone.

"But if you want to track down the screaming, we can go find who or what it was?' He asked Isabela, he wanted something to do and he noticed she was getting alittle bored aswell.

Illadriel heard Cyhran saying the word sister. She was curious about it but decided to wait for the right moment to ask him. Then Wind returned as quietly as he disappeared. Not only that, he was accompanied by the Dalish woman. Being a Dalish elf herself she was happy to see one of her kind.

"Aneth ara, Lenael." She greeted the woman who as it so happens was Wind's wife. "Is your clan somewhere nearby?" She asked as she remembered what Jadaco had said about the clan of Dalish elves near the Sundermount that have been killed by someone or something. Was Lenael from the same clan?

Edited by Naktis

"I guess we will never find out," Isabela shrugged theatrical and patted the Warden's back. Wind's wife had come and went just like that, just like wind. So, maybe they did fit better together than they realized, Isabela smirked softly.

"Sure, I was just starting to get a little bored anyhow," she answers Wind right away but waits for Illadriel to give them permission. "We won't go far, and hey ... he's Dalish with Dalish connections, which seem to be right at hand if we find ourselves in need of help."

Wind smirked and shrugged, 'Hey could be worse amore. We could be stuck out there all alone.." He said with a wry smirk. Wind had been wanting to get out of this camp for sometime, figured it was time he stretched his legs and a nice night would make that possible.