Torchlight 2 Release Date!!

hoofhearted4

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but hell, give me all the pre-order money from Skyrim and I'll give you a perfectly running site ;)

You'd have to wait till we start producing games for that... Somewhere around 2023. But by then we'll be busy fighting to retake Eastern Europe from the zombie Molemen, so who would have time for playing games let alone afford the data transfer costs due to all the EM band being taken up by Google's efforts into mobile augmented reality devices. But I digress... and spoilers.

That aside, with a few exceptions related to how the weapons and skills are setup, TL2 feels pretty solid from what I've seen, and they've even managed to fix some of those areas which were overpowering a character was possible (enchanting things several times for instance).

The Torchlight forums have been down pretty much all day. I hate it when developers/publishers don't account for the fact there'll be a crapton of traffic to the site on launch. I understand the irony that Skyrim Nexus was up and down for the first month after launch, but hell, give me all the pre-order money from Skyrim and I'll give you a perfectly running site ;)

Hit nail on the head, Dark0ne, they've taken the pre-order money, they should be able to have things working. YOU do not get the kind of moolah that they do.

Is what is peeing me off, I have stumped up my money and I am getting conned by them (that is Runic/whatever they call themselves), I have now downloaded the installer but it won't...ummm...install.

Imagine how pissed off people were for the Diablo 3 launch, Ginny. One of, if not the biggest developers and publishers, charged 50% more on the normal game price for digital downloads so you could play it early, and the servers were down for 2 days. THAT was annoying.

At least with Torchlight you can cut them a little more slack because they're a bit more indie, and a bit less dickish than Blizzard/Activision. Right?

Seems to be up and running smoothly this morning (knock on wood). Granted all I did was register and log in, but it worked and there seemed to be a good number of games available. At least some were able to play offline. If I'd payed 3 times as much for a coaster I'd have been a bit more upset :)

The game has run without a hitch so far and is incredibly fun. Hope everybody can get their copies working today.

Imagine how pissed off people were for the Diablo 3 launch, Ginny. One of, if not the biggest developers and publishers, charged 50% more on the normal game price for digital downloads so you could play it early, and the servers were down for 2 days. THAT was annoying.

At least with Torchlight you can cut them a little more slack because they're a bit more indie, and a bit less dickish than Blizzard/Activision. Right?

I know that, I was there for that as well, although in regards to Diablo III personally, Blizzard gave it to me for signing up for a year's WoW (there was a special offer), so I actually had less cause for complaint there. I still object to not getting what I pay for. Runic have chosen the wrong time to grind my gears, since my main gaming rig has crashed in spectacularly expensive fashion and I am in a REALLY bad mood. I scent blood...

Oh yeah, AND I can't log in to my Runic account either. I know I have one because it said the username I selected wasn't available when I typed it in, and they are NOT sending the forgotten password emails out either when I tried that tactic. Very poor.