Favorite Vortex Compatible Mods?

RubenSamich

Hey everyone, I just recently bought Oblivion but have barely played it. I want to play through it again cause it's one of my favorite games ever, but the graphics are a bit outdated, and now that I'm playing it on PC instead of the old days on 360, I can mod. But I'm anything but a pro modder. I've just spent the past 6 hours trying to get Qarl's texture pack to work, and I just can't. There's no need to tell me I'm bad at modding or show me how to do it right, yes I used obmm, I just can't get it to work. But I got the "Really Textured Normal Maps for Vanilla" working by just installing it through Vortex. I also got the Oblivion Character Overhaul working by just installing it through Vortex.

So I know that Oblivion is an old game and is hard to mod now. But what mods do you guys recommend for me to get the best possible graphics experience while using only mods that I can simply install and load with Vortex. I know it's inferior to the old fashioned way, but I just want the simplicity of it.

Thanks,

Ruben

Unfortunately you're going to have a limited choice of Vortex/NMM compatible mods, because most were zipped up for OBMM, or WryeBash, or just zipped up with no set structure at all, because it was the early days of modding.

I spent a week or so downloading, extracting and repackaging a ton of Oblivion mods to work with modern Mod Managers, the thing you're going to have to do before you hit the DOWNLAOD WITH MOD MANAGER button is to click the "Preview Files" and see if the file and folder structure follows the necessary structure such as

Meshes (folder)
Textures (folder)
Mod.esp

If a mod archive is set up like that, then it can be downloaded and installed easily with vortex.

It could also be

Data (with the subfolders)

---------| Meshes

---------| Textures

---------|Mod.esp

What won't work is something like

Folder THis MOd right Here (with a subfolder of)

---------------->My Zipped up Mod FOlder (then subfolders of) --------->Meshes---->TExtures etc..

Also be wary of Mods that have several esps,, where you're supposed to choose ONE, because it will install ALL of the esps, unless you unzip and repackage the mod with the ONE esp choice that YOU want.