Vortex... cloud? Question if possible or not~

GSmog
Go to solution Solved by Rattledagger,

So I know we log into Vortex using our Nexus ID. So Im wondering, is there anyway I can send all of my Skyrim SE mods, edits I've made, etc from my computer to another without needing to install it all again manually?

Whether that involves just making a copy of everything in my skyrim SE folder and putting that on another computer, or just logging in and having it save a copy from my account to another?

Essentially, my mate only played Vanilla Skyrim some years back, and they were interested in my mods and wanted to try it for themself. What is the easiest/fastest/bestest way to do this? Is it possible at all?

Appreciate any help, kupo

Copy your Vortex Downloads directory to a flash drive and mail it to him.

The actual installation from an archive is really quick.

Got an address link to the downloads directory? Also, like I was saying, I don't exactly wanna have to reinstall everything since its a lot of mods and Im not sure I can remember which ones need to go after which other ones. So if I just wanted to send them "My Skyrim" so they can just click play and jump in the game would the download directory achieve that? Cuz theres some utilities and things I had to install in my skyrim folder that I couldnt download/install via vortex.

Edited by GSmog

Couldn't he send him a savegame and have his friend restore the mods from that?

Tell me more about this savegame restore thing~?

Also, yea I've been able to "Transplant" games from old computers to new ones without having to reinstall. Granted most of them older or smaller games, and nothing as complicated as a modded skyrim. Thats why I figured I'd ask in case anyone else has before, or if no one's tried, to theory craft a way~~~ <3

Also, yea I've been able to "Transplant" games from old computers to new ones without having to reinstall. Granted most of them older or smaller games, and nothing as complicated as a modded skyrim. Thats why I figured I'd ask in case anyone else has before, or if no one's tried, to theory craft a way~~~ <3

Nah, the savegame thing won't work, Vortex would need all the info for the savegame in order to restore the mods.

Nah, the savegame thing won't work, Vortex would need all the info for the savegame in order to restore the mods.

Couldnt I just transfer over my vortex then if thats all it needed?

Couldnt I just transfer over my vortex then if thats all it needed?

Why don't you just send him a list of mods you have installed?

That way, he can just log in and download and install them.