Is HD texture back even worth having?

ModelV

You mean the Bethesda hi-res? I found it more trouble than it was worth.

This is what I would do to solve your purple stuff, though.

1. If you prefer, untick the boxes for the hi-res.

2. Run the verify cache through steam.

3. Go back into the game to check. (To be sure, if you see purple still, just fast travel somewhere else, then go back...it might just be that cell is still using cached info, and this should solve that.) If the purple is gone, yay!

4. If you want hi-res textures there are tons of mods that IMO produce better results with less of a performance hit. Remember though, to read the mod description, installation, and known issues completely. Especially with texture mods, incorrect installation or removal can make your life miserable.

Good luck!

Thankfully none of the purple is permanent for me.

The problem is somehow a Bethesda DLC require Archive invalidation but it doesnt stick and textures will randomly become purple...and then fix themselves...Can force a fix with toggling AI again but Im crashing to desktop enough as it is...

You mean the Bethesda hi-res? I found it more trouble than it was worth.

This is what I would do to solve your purple stuff, though.

1. If you prefer, untick the boxes for the hi-res.

2. Run the verify cache through steam.

3. Go back into the game to check. (To be sure, if you see purple still, just fast travel somewhere else, then go back...it might just be that cell is still using cached info, and this should solve that.) If the purple is gone, yay!

4. If you want hi-res textures there are tons of mods that IMO produce better results with less of a performance hit. Remember though, to read the mod description, installation, and known issues completely. Especially with texture mods, incorrect installation or removal can make your life miserable.

Good luck!

I completely agree that there are other mods out there produce better quality textures, but at the same time, and I don't really know why, but I'm attached to Beth's textures. It's just that the colors are so balanced, and everything fits so well with the game, as is. However the only problem is that the resolutions are low. And all Bethesda really did was up the resolution of all the textures, so there will not be much of a difference right of the bat. Everything will just be less blurry, and more vivid. Water was once 512, now it 1024 and so on. I personally like them, but that is just my opinion of course. What's you favorite texture mod? Skyrim 2K?

I've been using the high res pack since its release, and I never see missing textures (purple meshes). Might have to do with using the esps to load them because I load the bsa files with my ini.

As for its worth... I think it is very worth it if you have the vram and play in HD 1080. I also use the texture pack combiner with it.

Honestly, I don't bother with higher or different textures. I use the vanilla medium setting for it. With a nice lighting mod and... I feel bad for forgetting the mod name, but it basically reshapes some things so texture wrap better as well as give chains and doors some more depth and some containers animations, I'm fine with how the game looks.

Honestly, I don't bother with higher or different textures. I use the vanilla medium setting for it. With a nice lighting mod and... I feel bad for forgetting the mod name, but it basically reshapes some things so texture wrap better as well as give chains and doors some more depth and some containers animations, I'm fine with how the game looks.

I think the mod you are referring to is SMIM. Skyrim Improved Meshes, or something of that sort. I used that mod as well.

I've never had any problems with Bethesda's texture-pack. Even if I have tons of other texture-mods (TPC and some more) overlapping, the official pack still a great base which will cover a bunch of things the custom packs doesn't. Especially clothes!

It's DEFINITELY worth it imo. Graphic quality become top notch compared to vanilla. Especially when combined with ENB or RCRN which will sharpen your view, making all those new details around you extra visible. But of course you'll need a proper monitor to see this, as well as a system that can run it.