skyrim se refusing to load with vortex

skibbidybiggidy

You don't need to launch Skyrim SE through Vortex. Just stop Vortex and launch the game as you usually do.

Most people who fail to launch at the point you mention installed a Skyrim LE mod by mistake. They are not compatible.

And if you are happy with NMM - keep using it. Vortex is for those wanting something better.

You don't need to launch Skyrim SE through Vortex. Just stop Vortex and launch the game as you usually do.

Most people who fail to launch at the point you mention installed a Skyrim LE mod by mistake. They are not compatible.

And if you are happy with NMM - keep using it. Vortex is for those wanting something better.

im not launching it through vortex. im closing down vortex and loading it from the shortcut. and i never had any mods for le installed only se. it gets to the first loading screen then a loading wheel appears in the bottom and it does nothing after that. even when i close it with task manager steam tells me the game is still open so i have to restart my computer and i can't keep using nmm because it won't let me download the mods through nmm anymore

Edited by skibbidybiggidy

im not launching it through vortex. im closing down vortex and loading it from the shortcut. and i never had any mods for le installed only se. it gets to the first loading screen then a loading wheel appears in the bottom and it does nothing after that. even when i close it with task manager steam tells me the game is still open so i have to restart my computer and i can't keep using nmm because it won't let me download the mods through nmm anymore

So it is not an Vortex problem. It is a mod problem. You have to find out what mod is causing the problems. No matter if you use Vortex, NMM or MO2... they are just mod managers and nothing more.

NMM works perfectly with Nexus if you set up the rules right. Problem is you can as far as i know only have one manager setup for automatic download on Nexus, not both Vortex and NMM.

What mod manager handles mod downloads is a Windows issue. The site nexusmods has nothing to do with it.

Nexusmods pumps out a .nxm file when you tell it to download with manager.

The mod manager that handles the download is the one YOU told Windows to associate with .nxm files.