Is there a equivalent term to Cutting Room Floor, but instead of meaning cut content, means what was lacking, left to desire.

TheBxushis

Not exactly.

I suppose you could call it: "Rushed Content: Restored & Renewed"

The idea being that due to time constraints they were rushed to complete the content to a passably playable state rather than fully fleshing it out. And thus you are restoring content as well as renewing some of it (i.e. giving purpose in a possible different direction due to lack of evidence to support a specific direction)

thanks. it's more or less that.

the reason I'm trying to find a terminology term equivalent to CRF is because this project is intended to go in the same direction as Unofficial Skyrim City Patch (USCP) that's meant to be a complement to USSLEP, but unlike the second, it's not meant to restore content that was cut from the game, but rather make elements that can be perceived as incomplete/unfinished to be consistent.

actors that are discarded after a quest, or are ghosts (exist, but are invisible until X happens)

events X, that are told by actor Y in location Z. but X is never present.

Actors that join X faction, but come from nowhere. etc.

this project does also give more freedom to the player in subject that are undervalued. (allow to do quests in other ways, make it possible to kill actors that are essential, and save actors that wouldn't otherwise)

so, there are common terms such as "cash grab", or "pay to win" that refer to games developed to exploit profit from users. but I don't know a term that is used to describe "that's missing". for example.

although your suggestion is good, and may be that one. sorry for bad english.

Edited by TheBxushis

So in other words, your finished project would allow some NPCs who disappear after a quest to stay and remain part of the game world, and possibly give players a chance to encounter/kill, ahead of time, similar NPC's who only appear for certain events?

Or, at least, give more noticeable evidence of their coming and going, sort of like a discoverable Prologue and Epilogue event/item (journal entries, world encounters, left-behind belongings, etc.)? Not sure how you would implement all of those changes and additions, but It sounds like a really cool idea.

It's hard to think of one phrase or definition to cover such an all-encompassing project, but how about:

"Called to Account" or "Present and Accounted For"
"Beginnings and Endings"
"Re \ Visioned"
"A Finishing Touch"
"Extended Content"
"Missing in Action" or "Missing Elements"
"Validation"
"Alternate Possibilities"
"A Path Less Traveled"

Eh.
Meh.
Some of those sound kind of cringey and unrelated now that I'm reading the actual words outside of my mind, but maybe it could be the start of some creative brainstorming.

Edited by sentinel1313

Yes, I'm working on the successor of BUVARP, currently, my co-author AndrealphusVIII has retired from the project and has put me in responsibility of it.

As the new version has been completely redone, it's impossible to update from one to the new, so he has suggested me to relaunch it to not make confusion. Still, I don't have a name for it yet.

The new version is design to complement Cutting Room Floor, and has cut some of the custom aspect that wasn't lore friendly (turning unused npcs into followers that didn't make sense in the old version of Buvarp). although. it's more subjective. (giving a custom home for a unused actor, showing who Durak wives were before Dawnguard is started, and it's member having normal lives before being recruited. etc)

Edited by TheBxushis

Not exactly.

I suppose you could call it: "Rushed Content: Restored & Renewed"

The idea being that due to time constraints they were rushed to complete the content to a passably playable state rather than fully fleshing it out. And thus you are restoring content as well as renewing some of it (i.e. giving purpose in a possible different direction due to lack of evidence to support a specific direction)

Hmm, i guess i will name it the same way Brumbek and other does. mighty call: "World Assets Renewed Mod - WARM" or "World Assets Recycled Project - WARP"