Why are multiple accounts so banned

Rabbit1251

I found I was " banned " by a Mod Author and for the life of me, I could not figure out why????

So I wrote them and asked, " Why? As if you check my history with your many mods, you'll see I'm a fan. "

It was quickly fixed as they could not figure out why I was banned either. We figured it was a mistake and all is good.

Sometimes just a good attempt at dialog / communication can fix a lot.

There was one which I was banned and it was at a time I was going through Soft Chemo and was " out of it ". I posted some " stuff " that I should not have and I apologized for it with some explanation ... and a bit of Humble Pie ..... and all was good then too.

Yup, had the same thing happen to me, the mod was in my Tracking Center, and I clicked on it, because I had reinstalled a game and needed the mod again, and I got a BANNED message.

I messaged the Author, and asked "Why am I banned? Did I do something to offend you?" he responded "I have no idea, or don't remember, sorry, I've unbanned you :smile: "

In those instances, it REALLY would suck if MAs not only banned, but also blocked people from messaging them, which is why I wish in those instances there was some kind of Moderation team specifically to handle things like that, because if I had been banned from messaging as well, that would've never gotten resolved

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will not permit any third party to download, distribute or use Game Mods developed or created by You for any commercial purpose.

And what the hell does that mean to you ?

It means what it says? It's not exactly unclear language or legalese.

Nothing approaching profit.

The fact that some mod authors can eek something monetarily back for their effort ... Beth is not going to bother them. But guarentee ... if somebody started making some money ... Beth would be there to scoop it up , and rightfully so.

And the nexus ... You people wanting to fight with Beth , don't get them involved cuz you will wreck it for the community. Selfish pricks ... are you one ?

I found I was " banned " by a Mod Author and for the life of me, I could not figure out why????

So I wrote them and asked, " Why? As if you check my history with your many mods, you'll see I'm a fan. "

It was quickly fixed as they could not figure out why I was banned either. We figured it was a mistake and all is good.

Sometimes just a good attempt at dialog / communication can fix a lot.

There was one which I was banned and it was at a time I was going through Soft Chemo and was " out of it ". I posted some " stuff " that I should not have and I apologized for it with some explanation ... and a bit of Humble Pie ..... and all was good then too.

Yup, had the same thing happen to me, the mod was in my Tracking Center, and I clicked on it, because I had reinstalled a game and needed the mod again, and I got a BANNED message.

I messaged the Author, and asked "Why am I banned? Did I do something to offend you?" he responded "I have no idea, or don't remember, sorry, I've unbanned you :smile: "

In those instances, it REALLY would suck if MAs not only banned, but also blocked people from messaging them, which is why I wish in those instances there was some kind of Moderation team specifically to handle things like that, because if I had been banned from messaging as well, that would've never gotten resolved

Agreed .... 100%, because it does happen. In 1 of the cases, the MOD Creator thinks he meant to actually ban another person and honestly and on accident hit totally the wrong name.

But we solved it pretty quickly. :)

Lol, you're worried about the Nexus? It's been around since the very early days of Morrowind modding and if Bethesda had a problem with it or us using it they would have said so years ago.

Yes ... and isn't any sane user worried by the crazy requests ?

Well technically not every request ... just when the din of something gets loud enough.

Like the shadow over Insmouth ... you can't deny it is there.

Then what to do about it ?

You will not permit any third party to download, distribute or use Game Mods developed or created by You for any commercial purpose.

Am I reading this wrong ... are we potentially held accountable for our mods being sold by someone else because we "permited them to download" and then they distribute our mod for money? Is Bethesda saying they won't go after the guy selling our mod ... they'll be looking us up because we allowed them to download it?

Am I reading this wrong ... are we potentially held accountable for our mods being sold by someone else because we "permited them to download" and then they distribute our mod for money? Is Bethesda saying they won't go after the guy selling our mod ... they'll be looking us up because we allowed them to download it?

I'm not a lawyer, blah blah blah, but If that is how Zenimax's lawyers wished to view it, then probably yes. Obviously they have never done that in 15+ years of Bethesda game modding. But if push came to shove, as per the exact wording, we would be the ones responsible since it is our work. But I imagine we would have to be actively promoting such behavior rather loudly for Bethesda to hold us, as mod authors, responsible for what others are doing with our work.

If that is how Zenimax's lawyers wished to view it, then probably yes. Obviously they have never done that in 15+ years of Bethesda game modding. But if push came to shove, as per the exact wording, we would be the ones responsible since it is our work. But I imagine we would have to be promoting such behavior for Bethesda to hold us, as mod authors, responsible for what others are doing with our work.

Well in that case I won't be contacting Bethesda thinking that they will help deal with somebody selling my work ... all that would do is put my name on their list.