ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

wishing i had dawnguard

GodKingVivec

Man, i wish there was a way to get Dawnguard for free e.e all the good mods require dawnguard now. and i have no way of billing it to an online thing to get it from steam. and i damn sure aint gonna pirate it. i wish there was like a contest or something for it, like a prove your knowledge test or something.

Man, i wish there was a way to get Dawnguard for free e.e all the good mods require dawnguard now. and i have no way of billing it to an online thing to get it from steam. and i damn sure aint gonna pirate it. i wish there was like a contest or something for it, like a prove your knowledge test or something.

lol that's a funny idea having a knowledge test to get DLC for free, I can totally see Bethesda doing that out of the kindness of their hearts :P. But seriously it is a shame that it's not free, but you can't really be disappointed or sad about it. After all vanilla Skyrim is 5x the amount of game content games usually give you nowadays. So If they're going to spend their time and resources to make more content on top of an already jam packed game, you better be sure it ain't gonna be free. You said you had no way of billing it to an online source, which makes me assume you do have the money to get it, just don't have an appropriate method. Are there no gamestops or game stores around where you live that you can't go and pick it up?

Also on a side note, I know of a couple good mods that require Dawnguard, but not a ton. Could you list the mods you are referring to when you say, "all the good mods"?

I just wish I could play Skyrim. :sad: Steam has been 'updating' now for three weeks at 60 bytes in and 74 bytes out Steam Support isn't supportive and I am at my wits end.....I had Dawnguard at 80% downloaded before Steam decided to stop working and start it's 'downloading hibernation' :(

If you do have the money, you just don't have Paypal/credit card (so odd these days), could you give a Steam friend the money and have them gift it to you? I'd be willing to do it, but strangers don't really trust each other (don't nobody trust nobody these days :P), so I'm sure it would look like a weird offer. Edited by AnkhAscendant

lol that's a funny idea having a knowledge test to get DLC for free, I can totally see Bethesda doing that out of the kindness of their hearts :P. But seriously it is a shame that it's not free, but you can't really be disappointed or sad about it. After all vanilla Skyrim is 5x the amount of game content games usually give you nowadays. So If they're going to spend their time and resources to make more content on top of an already jam packed game, you better be sure it ain't gonna be free. You said you had no way of billing it to an online source, which makes me assume you do have the money to get it, just don't have an appropriate method. Are there no gamestops or game stores around where you live that you can't go and pick it up?

Also on a side note, I know of a couple good mods that require Dawnguard, but not a ton. Could you list the mods you are referring to when you say, "all the good mods"?

how can i get it at gamestop? take my pc or xbox to them? its not out on disk as an expansion yet is it? well one goood example is the vampire lair featured on youtubes Skyrim Cribs videos. then the good Vampire/werewolf hybrids mod and all the cool re-meshing/texturing for the vampire lord. the vampire lord transformation and skill trees are what interest me the most. but a lot of mods that shouldnt even need dawngaurd too. cant name any off the bat but i think they were new outfit mods. the musket mod and gun mods are another example.

Edited by GodKingVivec

Steam sells retail cards now, Steam takes pre-paid debit cards, there's literally a dozen options to get it through Steam, most of them are little or zero headache. If you wanted it that bad you'd have figured one out by now.