Morrowind GOTY on 360

UnholyShadow

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this, since it pertains to the Xbox version, but I'm having problems running the GOTY version on my 360. The update that made it compatible was released in 2007, and when I got my 360 about 5 months ago, it came with a disc with the backwards compatibility update. I installed it then, but I just tried to run Morrowind and it said that it wasn't compatible with my 360. I reinstalled it to make sure it installed, but it still won't work. Does anyone know if I can somehow fix this problem?

• 2 years later...
Remember Morrowind was made about 8 years ago, and was only really intended for Windows computers. Since the 360 came out only a couple years ago (I think), it seems that unless you can get a patch to allow you to load and play Morrowind on your 360, you'll just have to use Windows machine.

• 2 weeks later...
Thats one thing i hated about the 360 (ditched mine) is that it "is" backwords compatible, but not for everything. Dosnt matter what update you install. I have Morrowind for my old xbox and i also bought it on steam solely for the MGE mod that just totally remakes the game's visuals. After tossin my 360, I will never waste money on a microsoft console ever again.

I know what you mean, my son has an xBox 360, but he rarely uses it, much for the same reasons I think.

Mine is sitting there collecting dust, it's handy to have for the odd exclusive but looking back it was a waste of money. My PS3 rarely get used for games either, it does however make an excellent media centre and is worth the price for that alone.

Just as I've always said, you can't beat the PC for versatility! In fact as far as I know, the xBox can't be upgraded (I may be wrong there but I'm only going off an xbox 360 my son owns and from what he's told me about it) but the PC is easy to upgrade, anything from RAM and CPU to even the motherboard, as well as any expansion boards fitted.

I've been using a PC for 17 years now, and I still get astonished at the sheer versatility of it. Of course you do need a good O/S as well, mine is Windows 7 Professional x64 (that is the 64 bit version), yet I can still play games and run programmes that were bought for 32 bit systems! Now that is what I call versatility!

In fact, Windows 7 is supposed to be what Vista was not, it is stable - OK there are upgrades but that's a minor detail - it uses less memory than Vista, as well as a few other things. In fact, I was told NOT to upgrade to Vista because it was so unstable, instad I waited until Windows 7 was released.

Oh Vista was terrible, I soon went back to XP. I got Windows 7 around release time which is not usually a clever thing to do with Microsofts operating systems but it's been faultless. You can upgrade the HDD on the PS3, it's supported so doesn't void the warranty. I put a huge one in mine and have ripped most of my DVD and Blu ray movies for playback from the drive, it's nice not having to mess about with disks. It also plays stuff off DVD-Rs, USB sticks, USB HDDs, still cameras, video cameras, phones and over the home network from the PC. It really is a great bit of kit. Gaming on it doesn't come anywhere near the PC though. :thumbsup: