Rep System gone.

Deleted2547005User

In my "fantasy" people should not be executed for driving a little too slow in the fast lane. Flashed at definately, honked at sure, flipped off possibly, ticketed maybe, but shot...no. What is there not to "get" about that?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that driving too slow in the fast lane isn't a capital offense for one thing?

Insulting mod authors is expressly forbidden in the rules and *IS* a bannable offense. The file area is a no-strikes zone. One slip and you're out. What that guy did with his snarky "stuck up" comment was a thinly veiled insult and nothing more. It should get reported.

Down repping it won't help, you'll just get some troll who will cancel that out and up rep it because they think it's funny.

Seriously?!...

Consensus says that repping does not work, striking does not work, and so the only thing left is banning. But that really does not work either since they just create a new account. So instead of adding even more work to the moderators, why shouldn't the community be empowered? Let us call a dick, a dick. One red arrow at a time.

Seriously?!...

Consensus says that repping does not work, striking does not work, and so the only thing left is banning. But that really does not work either since they just create a new account. So instead of adding even more work to the moderators, why shouldn't the community be empowered? Let us call a dick, a dick. One red arrow at a time.

But on the flip side of the coin there are a lot of like-minded trolls who back each other up by up-repping comments about complaints regarding "bugs" that have explained in the readme or are caused because the users don't know how to install properly, and there cases when they demand updates or changes (cbbe to unp is a good example) which are backed up and it can cause unnecessary pressure for the author.

Edited by Ironman5000

90% (I have gotten caught up in it myself) of this has nothing to do with the original intent of this thread, which was a thank you to the staff for getting rid of the system, and a question to how Premium and Supporter members would be able to (if able to) hide comments we wished to. Thanks have been given and the question has been answered (and upgraded). Let's move on please. Edited by Kuroitsune

Consensus says that repping does not work, ..... Let us call a dick, a dick. One red arrow at a time.

I sense much conflict in this one....

Consensus says repping doesn't work, so you propose to let people rep to indicate dissatisfaction. Hmmm.

It's impossible to down/up rep a comment that doesn't exist at all. Just sayin :P

i dunno how someone can get -99 or more reputation or +99 reputation too....... before the rep button gone. what cause this? why they doing it? example like someone comment a mod like "good mod, i like it. endorsed"......... then suddenly it get +99 rep and example if someone post a bad comment like "this mod sucks, go f*** off"...... then not -5 rep but -99 rep down. is it strange? for me, i actually feel glad while a bit sad for the removal of this button.....

p.s: sorry about the rude word it just example...... again sorry

i dunno how someone can get -99 or more reputation or +99 reputation too....... before the rep button gone. what cause this? why they doing it? example like someone comment a mod like "good mod, i like it. endorsed"......... then suddenly it get +99 rep and example if someone post a bad comment like "this mod sucks, go f*** off"...... then not -5 rep but -99 rep down. is it strange? for me, i actually feel glad while a bit sad for the removal of this button.....

+/- 99 rep used to be the way for premium mod authors to bury comments. It's now been replaced by that "set post to hidden" functionality.

+/- 99 rep used to be the way for premium mod authors to bury comments. It's now been replaced by that "set post to hidden" functionality.

i think that's a bit "cheatish" somehow......

Why? I like the feature. If someone asks a dumb-ass question that has been answered several times before and/or didn't bother to read the mod description, I reserve every right to hide their post :P